Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Look Kids, Some People Run On Purpose!

Yesterday I went for another run. I went back to the 'springy' track. I should have mentioned in my last post that I have to give Michelle credit for the track idea. I've never really been interested in running on a track because I thought it would be too boring, but the cushiony feel of the track more than makes up for any monotony. And it's still more interesting than running on a treadmill.

I was kind of hoping that kids might be out for Columbus Day, or Fair Day, and as I approached the track I thought I might be in luck that there were no kids on it. As I got closer, though, I saw what looked to be a P.E. class of girls doing laps. I wasn't sure if this was going to work out, as I'm not sure if the middle school folks take too kindly to a shifty-looking stranger running laps alongside the kids. If it was a problem, the teacher didn't say anything to me. The girls were pretty much in the first 2 or 3 lanes of the track so I just stuck to lane 8.

I tried to ignore the kids as much as possible. I forgot, though, that interaction is a 2-way street. As some of the girls finished and waited for the others to finish they were getting water at a water fountain by the side of the track. As I passed on one lap, one of the kids yelled "Hi!.....Hi!". Great. Way to go kid, make me a distraction so I can't run here during the day anymore. We'll see how it goes in the future. I should be able to run on that track all the live-long day if I want to. My tax dollars paid for that damn thing. And if you are a homeowner in Texas, you pay a LOT of school tax dollars.

I noticed as I was running that the monarch butterflies are making their annual flight back to Mexico for the winter. I have always been fascinated by this since about third grade when my teacher read us a story about the monarch migration.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Good one Anne. I can picture JC standing off in a corner near the track being punished.

Jc, I like it that even with everything else going on, you noticed the butterflies.

10/12/2005 1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home