Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Fight The Power

I forgot to mention that on Sunday outside the Kroger that I shop at a lady was protesting very loudly. She was telling people not to shop at Kroger because they did her wrong somehow. I was too scared to actually go talk to her, but it looked like maybe she used to work there and somehow got some kind of eye injury, and apparently she didn't feel like Kroger responded in the way she would have liked. I was parked at the other end of the parking lot from this lady, and I could hear her shouting all the way across the parking lot. She certainly seemed to be drawing a lot of attention. Things like that always make people feel tense, especially around here because you almost never see anything like that. However, this woman has a right to express her opinion. I think it's admirable that she has the guts to stand up for what she believes in.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Wow. She sounds intense. I think I would have done like you and not asked her what the deal was but then I would have been wondering. I think in situations like that I always fear that person is going to turn on me.

10/12/2005 1:19 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Oh - I probably would have asked what in the hell was going on.. because they must have done something horrible to drive someone to that behavior.

I saw a lady protesting a carpet place like that once.. What a carpet place could do to piss you off that much.. I don't know - but wow.

You think the Kroger lady is still there? I'll go check it out!!

10/12/2005 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home