Tuesday, April 15, 2008

You Are Feeling Sleepy...

I had hoped to have a concert review up by now, but I want to be able to do the experience justice so I'm still working on it. In the meantime, here is a 60 Minutes report that aired a few weeks ago that I thought was really interesting. It's broken up into 2 videos, and they are kind of long at 13 minutes a piece but well worth a look. This is a topic that I have talked about before, namely that of getting enough sleep. I think it's one of the most important things you can do to stay healthy. In this video one of the scientists actually hypothesizes that lack of adequate sleep can make you age faster. The bit towards the end with the fruit flies is kind of interesting too. I know I feel like a real dumbass and like there's something wrong with me when I don't get enough sleep. If you don't feel like watching these videos, then you can always click on the most awesomest link ever!



Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

I have to go make my girl lunch, but I'll be back to look at the videos.

I'm a freak without enough sleep, it's my kryptonite. And it's fascinating all that they've (you know who THEY are) learned about lack of sleep and the havoc it creates.

4/16/2008 6:11 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

If I watched the videos now I wouldn't get enough sleep tonight (harrrr!) so I'll try to remember to check them out on the weekend. I watched the Muppets one instead. :-)

4/16/2008 9:24 PM  
Blogger REENblack said...

My son was quite entertained by the Muppets video!!!

I used to get enough sleep...then I started going to school again! I will FOR SURE watch those videos later today (instead of doing homework!)

4/18/2008 6:55 AM  
Blogger REENblack said...

Well crap... I guess staying up to study isn't such a great idea. On the other hand, I would to so stressed going in to take an exam without studying late the night before I think I would do about the same!!!

There just aren't enough hours in the day!!!

4/18/2008 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home