Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ah, Springtime!

* Spring! That glorious time of the year when animals get horny, flowers bloom, and apparently I get allergies. My allergies have been going nuts the last two days. I actually got the good allergy luck in my family. My sister is always sniffling and stopped up, my dad has very bad allergies, and my aunt had to get allergy shots when she was younger. I am OK most of the time. When I do get allergies, you know it's bad. It's got to be the fact that all the trees and shrubs have started blooming around here.

* Overheard today in Target: "Red wine goes with anything." Um, no it doesn't. Yeah, go ahead and drink that Cabernet Sauvignon with a nice big piece of turkey breast. Gag much? OK, I guess considering the fact that the person who uttered this sentence was, I would venture to say, about 7 years old, I suppose I can cut them some slack. This time. Obviously the kid doesn't watch the Food Network. Is this what Spongebob hath wrought?

* Went to get an oil change today. It really pissed me off when they pulled the old "your oil looks dirty, we recommend an engine flush" line of B.S. I know that it's bullshit, but it pretty much establishes that the place is fundamentally dishonest. Who knows what else they will lie about? People that lie to me don't deserve my business. Pretty much the only thing you should ever have done at an oil change place is an oil change. I used to have a great place to go to when I had my previous job. The people there were straight-up with me and never tried to sell me anything I didn't need. They were also really friendly and I was almost always out of there within 10 minutes of pulling up to the bay. I can't go there anymore since it's about 30 miles in the wrong direction. I didn't think it would be so difficult to find another decent place, but it has been. I already blacklisted one place for trying to sell me unnecessary crap. I guess it's time to start looking again.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

So oil doesn't ever get dirty - wtf???

okay, there is a Spongebob Barbie just like the tiny Elmo Barbie. Must find so I can steal the tiny Spongebob - yahahahahaa (laugh like SB).

3/27/2008 8:09 AM  
Blogger Cory said...

Upon seeing Holli's laugh like Sponge Bob I immediately did the yahahahaha out loud at my desk-oops!

I am sorry they were feeding you BS at the oil changing place. I thought they only did that to us women. I hate going to those places SO BAD. I feel like they are in the back laughing at me just for being a girl.

"Tell her she needs a new engine-she'll TOTALLY FALL FOR IT!"

Sorry about the allergies! They suck.

3/27/2008 11:12 AM  
Blogger rev joe said...

holli holli-oil does get dirty but it takes AGES. Like you would have to keep the same oil in your car for a decade and keep adding new stuff-then you would have dirty oil. I can't stand car guys. (I'm trying not say say hate anymore-part of my 101 list)

Sorry to hear about the allergies. You know, growing up in fl, I never really had a problem. BUT moving in all those dang other places I've lived-major allergies. I'm talking, I shouldn't walk outside for a couple of weeks at a time. I've always thought allergies have something to do with where you were born. Kind of like being around cats when you're a child. I'm rambling girl now that I have 2 minutes to myself.

3/27/2008 3:59 PM  
Blogger rev joe said...

And again I'm an impostor.

3/27/2008 3:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Omg. I LOL'ed through your post! When your wrote what you overheard at Target, I had to reflect what possible nonsense I could have been spouting off!! I love that store I tell you. If I could go there every day, I would.

I was duped the other day when I got my car's oil changed too......thankfully only to the tune of an extra 20 bucks, but still. One of their grease monkey's came into the waiting room with my (alleged) air filter in hand..caked with all sorts of nastiness.

Makes you wonder. And I learned something from your post...red wine really DOESN'T go with everything :)

3/28/2008 10:20 PM  
Blogger JC said...

h - pg nailed it - oil does get dirty (that's why you change it), but it takes longer than the recommended change interval to get that way. Funny thing is when the guy tried to show me how dirty my oil was I didn't think it looked dirty at all. Dirty oil is black. And incidentally, oil changes at 3000 miles are probably overkill. I do one every 5000 miles.

c - yeah, it made me wonder whether they thought I looked like I didn't know shiznet about cars.

pg - There's something to your theory. One of the worst allergic reactions i ever had was when i went to the florida panhandle for my co-op job one week. The pine trees were just starting to send out their pollen. I was stuffed up before the plane even landed. Not many pines around here.

b - when they tell my air filter is dirty I go buy one and install it myself. It's a lot cheaper and it's really easy to change them.

Some wines really clash with certain foods. It either makes the wine taste really nasty or you can't taste it at all. Which kind of defeats the purpose of drinking it.

3/29/2008 11:18 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

OMG! That same thing was told to me the last time i got the oil changed. Normally Shan does it and he watned me, "Call if they want to do anything else." Sure enough, dude assures me my oil line is CONTAMINATED. So I call Shan and he sez, tell chuckles I'll handle it myself and to just do a standard oil change. When I got back home Shan was incredulous. The oil was fine.
What bastids.

3/29/2008 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home