Thursday, April 17, 2008

Do Over Day

You know how sometimes a day just doesn't go the way you want it to, no matter how hard you try? It was one of those days. Starting with the commute from hell. Why are people such shitty drivers? I mean really, it's not that difficult to pay attention and be careful. But someone had to act like they were in their own movie and cause utter gridlock. Things got better in the middle of the day and I was all set to finish my concert post tonight, but then the trip home annoyed too. And I can't finish that post in an annoyed state. So. It's actually appropriate that storm clouds are rolling in. I want a do over day tomorrow. Tomorrow will be better, but here are some photos of some funky ass clouds.


These are mammatus clouds. They usually form on the bottom of thunderstorms.

Some people call them fish scales.



This is known as a sky cameltoe. OK, maybe not, but it should be.


Yikes!


Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

sky cameltoe?!?! hahah that's hilarious!

4/17/2008 10:05 PM  
Blogger REENblack said...

I'm sorry you had a rough day. I hope today is much better!!! I only have to drive about 20 minutes to school...and if there is any weather or construction...people are idiots!!!

I don't think I've ever seen pictures of clouds that interesting! Seriously! I don't know if I've ever seen mammatus clouds that defined! Very cool...yet I would NOT want to be in that airplane!!! ~shudder~

4/18/2008 6:48 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

I saw those last night too!! CRAZY! I'm so glad you took photos, JC that never even occurred to me as I was preparing the bunker.

4/18/2008 6:51 AM  
Blogger Cory said...

That first picture looks like you just took a close up shot of cotton balls...clouds are great! ESPECIALLY when they look like cameltoes-bwahahahaha. Good stuff. Hope today is a much better day =)

4/18/2008 9:23 AM  
Blogger Cory said...

PS-I see a croissant or a gigantic shrimp in the 3rd pic.

4/18/2008 9:25 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

these are way cool. love those clouds.

4/19/2008 12:47 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I like the sky camel toe. Nice. I had a do over day yesterday. I had a dr appointment and then I was going to work from home but the doctor appointment dragged on because the doctor was behind. Then I had to stop at the lab for some tests. Then drive back home. I was so annoyed by the time it was over that I just took the day off. I felt much better after that. Hope you have a better day on Monday.

4/19/2008 8:14 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

oh my, how interesting clouds, love the photos!

4/20/2008 7:45 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

those clouds are FABULOUS! i don't think i've ever seen such the like in real life. lucky you! will you be chasing tornadoes next?

4/21/2008 9:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

...you had me at "sky camel toe"..

4/22/2008 12:02 AM  
Blogger JC said...

v - thanks, i'll be here all week! :)

rb - i would not have been happy in that plane.

a - i'm glad we survived unscathed!

c - i totally see the croissant or shrimp. good one!

pg - thanks!

m - good to see you! sometimes just taking the day off is the right thing to do.

v - thank you!

r - i think chasing tornadoes might be kind of fun. kind of scary, but kind of fun. when i was a kid i was deathly afraid of tornadoes. i got over it as i realized that it's very rare for a tornado to hit your house. but i used to fear the mammatus since that meant a big thunderstorm.

b - i'm glad you approve! i wonder if the national weather service will start calling it that? i should ask.

4/22/2008 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home