Friday, October 19, 2007

Research Paper Blues

All this week I've been working on a research paper that is due this Monday night. It's for my preservation class and I'm writing about deacidification of older papers. Yeah, fascinating I'm sure. I'm not too far from being done. The paper length is OK, but some sections need a little bit more cohesion. I'm really getting kind of tired of messing with it, hopefully I can finish it up soon. I'm not quite at the "I'll turn in anything" stage yet, though.

The temperature actually got down into the 40's last night. That's probably the first time since, oh I don't know, March? It was really nice.

I'm going to a concert Sunday night that I'm pretty excited about. I really hope I get to bring my camera! Stay tuned.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

so what is the concert?

cliffhanger????

10/20/2007 12:39 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

It's cooler in Texas than it is here?? Wow!

Hope the paper writing goes well and that you have fun at the concert!

I like the word deacidification.

10/20/2007 9:53 AM  
Blogger luzie said...

So what exactly are you studying in school?

Oh, and 40F degrees is nothing. It's like 34F over here and my heating isn't working. Not nice.

Good luck with the paper! I'm dreading the days of having to write papers again. That'll be soon. Too soon.

10/20/2007 4:50 PM  
Blogger JC said...

h - total cliffhanger. I have to have a hook for people to come back, right?

deb - and then it went and got up to 87 yesterday. And it's 84 as I type this. People who think there's nothing freaky going on with the weather are in some serious denial.

Thank you. I really liked that word too until I had to type it about 100 times. It's too long.

luzie - library science.

Stay warm, and thanks!

10/21/2007 2:07 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

what concert, inquiring minds want to KNOW!!

10/21/2007 2:33 PM  
Blogger jos said...

who is it-or who was it. And now you should be done with your paper.

so is there any way to save pulp novels?

10/22/2007 8:42 PM  
Blogger JC said...

OK, it's not cool to keep you guys waiting, but I just finished my paper about 2 hours ago. I thought I would have more time to post today. I saw Gogol Bordello. It was amazing. I'll post some pics soon and a review a little later.

j - there are treatments that can save pulp novels if they aren't already brittle. There are sprays for individual pages and there are whole book treatments generally available only to libraries. There's really nothing at the moment that can save a book that's already brittle, but people are working on that and it may be possible someday. Libraries are really having to prioritize their deacidification projects due to cost, so unfortunately for items like pulp novels and comic books they are currently focusing mostly on older stuff, but it may depend on what a particular library has in their collection.

10/22/2007 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home