Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Son of a Itch!

Late Sunday afternoon I decided to go take some photos of some flowers close to my house that I have been wanting to photograph for a while. And, you know, since it was 91 degrees I decided to wear shorts. “You’ll get chiggers (warning:informative text but potentially scary pic)” I thought to myself. “Shut up, I hate insect repellant, it smells, it probably gives you cancer, buzz off self!” Um, self was right. I’m currently pretty much a Club Med for chiggers (some people call them redbugs). And of course the Chigarid that I’m applying like crazy will probably give me cancer, but at this point I don’t care. I’m itching all over, including some places that you don't want to know about. Just when one area stops itching, I’ll accidently touch another spot or my clothes will rub against some other area and then that starts itching. I was actually awakened this morning by itching. I need to be dipped or something. Curse you, chiggers!




There were wasps all over these yellow flowers.




I have no idea what these are, but they look cool!



I've had one suggestion of "pineapple moose trees"


Grasshopper, when you can snatch the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.


There were some non-stinging insects too.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Georgia said...

Is that some kind of Thistle? Although I prefer "Pineapple Moose Tree"... that is the best name.

10/10/2007 11:19 AM  
Blogger BJ said...

So sorry to hear about your chiggers! Ouch!!!!

Love the pictures though! Fantastic!

10/10/2007 8:32 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

never had a bout with chiggers, thankfully. but i love those purpley flowers you shot. no idea, either what they are/were.

10/11/2007 12:52 PM  
Blogger weddingproject-us said...

beautiful shots-darn those chiggers. I have had them too. I have a good repellent, that I think is less harmful. I'll find the name.

10/11/2007 9:17 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

oh lord. I have a chig bite on my leg. you are so right on. not until something brushes against the bite does it act up and i become a scratching machine. i like how the poor surrounding skin becomes shredded. chigs are the bane of my life. all other insects i can work with. but not those little evil bastards.

10/12/2007 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home