Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Drive? Me Crazy

I love rain. I think that's because it's a fairly infrequent occurrence around here. If I lived in Portland I might get tired of it after a while, but since it doesn't happen every day it can be a welcome change of pace. I don't even mind driving in rain. EXCEPT...when it rains during my commute to or from work. Like this morning. Even when there is isn't a wreck - you can pretty much instantly double the time it takes to make the commute. I don't get it. I mean, I know that you are supposed to drive more slowly in the rain since it takes longer to stop yada, yada, yada. OK, but why does everyone all of a sudden become these model drivers when it rains, but on every other day they drive like brainless morons? It doesn't make sense. Watching the weather report last night did me no good either. They said it would all be north of here. So imagine my surprise and dread when I heard it raining shortly after I got up this morning. When I get my "real" job I've gotta live closer to work. Sheesh.

In other news, I don't know if any of you are Radiohead fans, but if you are did you hear about their new album? You can get it via download next Wednesday from this site (you can preorder now). The interesting part? You can pay whatever you want for it! I don't know if they are performing an experiment on human nature or what. I guess if you feel that artists deserve to make a living from their product you can pony up. What if it's all a trick and it's just Thom Yorke reading the phonebook? I guess that's the chance you take...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

It's so funny how panicked people get around inclement weather. Virginia drivers are the absolute worst. They are now canceling schools when the weather forecasts a chance of snow. Ridiculousness.

On the Radiohead front - I am so excited about the new CD! As I understand it, they are off their recording contract as of Hail To The Thief. Now they can do whatever they want. Since it's safe to assume they are not hurting for cash, they may be doing it as a good will gesture, or perhaps out of disdain for the record company. Who knows. I will still pay iTunes prices for the album - $10.

10/04/2007 10:30 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I haven't responded to your email because I really don't know what I'll pay. Seriously.. that is a big question. I think Radiohead deserves to make a living - they're one of the few really great rock bands left, although I think they're much more than that. I still have to put them in the category of rock after seeing them live - they freaking rocked. I think they're worth a LOT. I don't know that I want to pay what I think they're worth. hmmmmmmm.

I'm a slow driver all the time with Faith in the car. dum dee dum.

10/04/2007 2:12 PM  
Blogger JC said...

a - Yes, they are out of their recording contract. I like that they will get all the money from this release, no splitting it with a label or merchant. The only thing that freaks me out a little about paying full record store price is that mp3s are more compressed than the files that would be on a CD that you buy in the store. Whether I can tell the difference? Maybe not. Supposedly they are releasing it on CD in stores next spring. If that sounds noticeably better that would suck.

h - c'mon, you know you want the deluxe box instead. Only $82! I must go see them in concert next time. I'll have to save up though, because they don't seem to like playing in Dallas - they haven't been here in 10 years.

At least you consistently drive slow!

10/04/2007 9:36 PM  
Blogger weddingproject-us said...

I think I can say people every where are inconsiderate drivers. Atlanta was horrible, Westchester County was bad. I'll have more to say as we go along I'm sure. Driving in the rain when I would o to work always put me on edge. I would have o drive though town and the run off in the streets was terrible.

Radiohead, thank heaves they're still doing their thing. God Bless those lads.

10/04/2007 9:54 PM  
Blogger REENblack said...

lol I think the worst drivers I've encountered were in Texas (while we were there for five months) and it snowed like 1/4 of an inch! It was hilarious!!! I am ALWAYS a cautious driver because I always have the kids with me...but not so much that I make people late for work!!!!

10/05/2007 7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home