Sunday, September 23, 2007

Lazy Again

Since the fall semester of school started it seems like weekdays have become a real rat race again. Or as I like to call it, a wat wace. So the weekends have become even more about resting. Or being lazy if you prefer. I spent about 2 hours outside the house this weekend. I never get as much accomplished at home as I want to, but there's always next weekend!



There was a really pretty sunset last night, it was enhanced by all the haze around here.



I'm currently obsessed with getting a good picture of the moon.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

Oh wow, that IS a pretty sunset!! And I think that's a really good moon photo too!

I tried to take a couple of moon photos a few nights ago, when it was a largish crescent and one night I noticed that as it was setting it looked really orange. But my tripod was in the room where J was sleeping, so I was trying to do it by propping the camera on the deck railing and lifting the front end with a rock (yes, really) and it SO did not work. (What a shock. Ahem.)

9/23/2007 11:36 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

Love the sunset and the moon pic is really, really nice. Best moon shot I've seen. They are hard to get unless I guess you know what your doing.....I don't, you do!

9/24/2007 10:06 AM  
Blogger REENblack said...

Wow, that is a beautiful pic of the moon...I've never even thought about taking a picture like that! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

9/25/2007 7:17 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

The sunset is great, I'll have to show it to Luzie. :)

you need a tube, dood! still, your moon picture is amazing. Did you just take that with your 70-200mm?

9/25/2007 7:25 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Thanks everyone!

Deb - I've tried all kinds of makeshift tripods myself. Sometimes it works surprisingly well!

h - yeah, I bet Luzie has never seen a Texas sunset! ;) I do need a tube. Yep, that was with the 70-200 and the monopod. I have some that I took tonight with the tripod and I think they are better!

9/25/2007 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home