Thursday, September 13, 2007

TV Time

I haven’t talked about TV for awhile. Of course, summer is the time when I try to forget that I have a TV, except for DVDs. The one exception this summer has been Top Chef. Could they possibly drag this season out any more? It seems like this show has been on forever since they keep showing so many reruns. I’m definitely ready to be done with it. The only thing that keeps me going at this point is the fact that Anthony Bourdain has his own Top Chef blog this season. It’s great, I was afraid that he would be censored somehow since it’s on the Bravo website, but it sure doesn’t seem to be. He’s ripped quite a few of the contestants as well as guest judge Rocco DiSpirito. It’s definitely good for some giggles.

Speaking of shows on Bravo, I watched the new Tim Gunn show last week. Yuck, I thought it was terrible. I love TG on Project Runway. He comes across as such a nice guy, who provides support to the contestants as well as the occasionally needed kick-in the-pants (but without being a butt about it). I just found his new show very dull. Maybe TG is better as a side dish instead of a main course? I don’t know, but at least I can save an hour a week of my life for something more worthwhile.

On a totally unrelated note, anyone who’s interested in some choice live Zeppelin tracks, clicketh here to download. These tracks are amazing. And if you’re into Beatles mashups, check this out.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

We don't get that channel anymore since we've downgraded. Funny since Jos worked there we didn't watch the shows. you would think a company would pay for it. Anyway, not familiar with Gunn but when I was on the plane trip I watched Flipping Out. Horrid. There are just some shows that annoy me to tears.

And why is summer tv so bad?

And we watched the tenacious d movie. very funny.

9/14/2007 8:09 PM  
Blogger JC said...

The funny thing is that I'm not supposed to get Bravo, but for some reason I do. Flipping Out looks bad to me.

I'm glad you loved the D movie! Sasquatch!

9/16/2007 10:16 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

i love Anthony. He is my kind of a cook...and my kind of a person. flipping out is painful.None of the characters are remotely likeable. Unlike Top Chef...I dig it.

9/17/2007 4:04 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I haven't seen the new Tim Gunn show, but maybe that's best.. as much as I love that man - I don't want to be disappointed.. it might effect how I feel about PR.

Okay, I'm excited about the Zep tunes. yeeeeeHAW! dude.

9/17/2007 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home