Sunday, September 30, 2007

Scattershooting

It's been dreadfully hot around here. It was 89 today. I'm getting sick of the heat and the high electric bills, I'm really ready for some cooler weather.

Someone found my page by searching "I ate a tooth today". To which I would like to reply "And you'll poop a tooth tomorrow!"

One of the movie theaters that I pass every day on the way to work has a huge sign that flashes various messages. The other day they were advertising their "popcorn". And it was in quotes, just like I wrote it. Our "popcorn" is delicious. Why would they have to put it in quotes? What is this "popcorn" actually made of? Oh my Gah, maybe "popcorn" is people!

I saw the most hideous advertising slogan on a truck yesterday. The truck was advertising Lance brand snacks, and the slogan on the back of the truck was "I've Got Lance in my Pants!" Ick. But I guess maybe it did what it was supposed to do because I just told you all about it.

I saw a movie last week on DVD that I really enjoyed. It's called Brick. It's a film-noir that takes place in a modern day high school, but it's much better than that description would lead you to believe. In parts it kind of has a Twin Peaks vibe, and there is some camera work reminiscent of the Coen brothers. All of the characters speak in a weird slang. If you're looking for something good to watch, check it out!

Now off to bed.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger luzie said...

are you seriously complaining about warm weather?? i'd rather it be sunny and 89F again than stormy, rainy and 53F. i wore my winter coat yesterday.

9/30/2007 4:10 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I never heard of that movie. It sounds interesting!

Maybe you should submit the "popcorn" bit to the "blog" of "unnecessary" quotation marks.

PS...I did your Bad Food meme this weekend.

9/30/2007 11:26 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I would like the brick movie if it has a twin peaks vibe.. I was a total twin peaks junkie.

I wish I could remember the movie they suggested at the movie store the other day - it was so opposite of anything that sounded like something I would watch. I'll have to ask when I go back. It was like a buddy cop/zombie movie.

I'm ready for the weather to get a little cooler too... sans rain. Rain makes Nate cwazy.

9/30/2007 12:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Brick is a good movie.

Holli I bet the movie that they were talking about was Hot Fuzz and if it is I thought that it was pretty darn funny

I will never be heard complaining about the weather unless I feel a little warm or chill and then it is on.

9/30/2007 12:53 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Luzie - I definitely prefer warm weather over cold. But after such a hot August and September I need a break!

Deb - if you watch it I'd love to hear what you think.

h - I think amy is right, that movie sounds like Hot Fuzz. I just watched it this weekend. It was pretty funny, but also surprisingly violent. It's by the guys who did Shaun of the Dead.

a - I would freeze my arse off in San Diego. I know that sounds weird, but it gets so cold at night! Although I remember that the last time I was there I much preferred that over the way that it stays hot all night here.

9/30/2007 9:51 PM  
Blogger REENblack said...

lol I love randomness! And I have to say I'd rather not have Lance in my pants!!!

10/01/2007 7:41 AM  
Blogger Cory said...

Oh how I love random quotation marks when they're "not" supposed to be there...good stuff! I like eating jamaican "jerk" chicken!

10/04/2007 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home