Tuesday, June 12, 2007

SPC - My Environment 2

Unfortunately, this is my current environment. I am in the process of taking 2 courses towards my masters degree in the first 5 week session of the summer semester. It's pretty intense. They are both online courses, so I'm spending lots of time finding readings online, posting to the message boards, participating in chats, submitting assignments. One of my textbooks is even online, and I have to read it at the computer, I can't copy the text to read later. So I feel chained to the computer sometimes.

This photo is pretty bad. The lighting is awful, it's drab, it managed to catch a corner of my room that has absolutely no wall adornment. But somehow all this seems appropriate. As far as my relative state of undress? Well, if all you're going to do all day is sit in front of the computer reading, why bother with more than underwear? Plus it's starting to get hot around here.



To see other peoples' environments, click here.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

You have to read a book online? How do you do it? This photo is appropriate for your current state. It makes me a little sad though.

Surf naked.

6/13/2007 7:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Please remind guests not to use that particular chair....
I start my online summer classes in July, right when the beach really starts calling me.

6/13/2007 8:50 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Guests? Ha! And, hey, I was clean!

As far as reading the book online, I have to go to this site called Netlibrary. You have to have a subscription, so I go through the school's library site. You look up the book you want and then it opens and you view one page at a time. It's kind of cool that you can jump to any page in the book by typing the page number. The other day it kept timing out when I would click on 'Next', though, which was kind of a pain. I also prefer reading stuff on paper to online. If you right click on the book text you don't get the usual "Copy" option. Which makes sense, it's copyrighted material.

6/13/2007 9:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Our computer arrangements look very similar. The online class I took required a lot of reading from the computer, I hated it, hurt my eyes. I could have printed the pages, I just didn't want to burn up my toner :P

6/13/2007 12:00 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

i hope you find some time for other things 2 :)

6/14/2007 3:04 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I think that's a really expressive shot - both you and the room look isolated and quiet. I can imagine that sitting at a computer all day is pretty isolating. Sorry. Hope you get to quit every couple of hours and goof off.

6/14/2007 7:43 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6/14/2007 12:42 PM  
Blogger luzie said...

Well, I'm in a somewhat similar, annoying situation re: school. I feel glued to my desk and computer and my apartment feels like a sauna in this heat.. bring on the beachwear. ;)

6/14/2007 1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the rest of your summer. I like your picture thought!

6/14/2007 9:58 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

butt sweat on the fabric of your computer chair, that's why you wear clothes!

6/27/2007 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home