Monday, June 04, 2007

Hey, You Guys Want to Play Baseball?*

Ruh roh. Summer term started today. I'm taking 2 classes in the first 5 week term and none in the second. The amount of reading for these classes is insane. This isn't going to be fun at all. I don't think I'm going to be around much until July.
This post was in the pipeline:
You guys probably don't give a crud about sports, but I still do somewhat. Even though the past year has been a giant kick to the sports nuts of the DFW sports fan. Mavs blow a 2 game lead in the finals last year to lose to Miami, get butts kicked in first round this year. Cowboys lose playoff game due to a bobbled snap on an extra point. Rangers are the worst team in baseball. There's always next year, right?

On Memorial Day weekend I saw the Rangers play the Red Sox. Took a few pics.


Hey man, you got a quarter?



Best name in baseball? Coco Crisp.


Sammy Sofa



Third base? That way.



Freakin' spider, I'll squish you good!



I wish I knew how to quit you.


Hey now!


A swing and a miss.



Manny needs a smaller belt.


Hey, you think that guy stuffs his jock?


Hell yeah I can do The Robot!



Ptooey.



This is Manny after he hit a triple. Check out the look on that kid's face!







It's 5 bucks if you just want to see it. 10 bucks if you want to touch it.


Oh my god, I'm only getting paid 5 bucks to run around in a dot suit! Kill me.


Whoops.




* Bonus point if you know the movie in which the post title is quoted.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

Cut those sideburns-I just have Simpsons in my head.

I...can't...think...

The Wall? Oh no that's take a bath.

I know I'm choosing sides, but you saw the SOX?! Cool. And let this be said right now, I'm am not a yankees fan.

You won't be around, this will be a sad state.

6/04/2007 1:30 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

HAH! It is so sad. I used to really love the rangers, and I am no kind of sports fan as a rule, but these past years have just been too painful to bear. My kingdom for a pitcher!

PS awesome commentary!

6/04/2007 5:00 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

zero clue what movie - dumb and dumber?

My grandmother loved baseball.. I always remember she died during the World Series. Not to put a damper on things. She was thrilled she lived to see another one!!

spider squish - ewwww.

6/04/2007 8:52 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Aaah, you saw the Sox! Hope the game was good! You caught them before they start sucking (they always start sucking at some point in the season). You have a lot of pictures of Manny - Boston people think he is a bit of a whiny ass. I have no opinion on the matter, but I do like his hair. No idea on the movie quote. Where is it from?

6/04/2007 9:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is it sand lot?
Loved your commentary, funny stuff my friend, funny stuff

6/04/2007 10:42 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

your right. i don't give a crud about baseball, but your photos sure were good. you must have had great seats!

6/05/2007 9:24 AM  
Blogger JC said...

They were great seats, probably the best I have ever had at that stadium. Courtesy of the dearly departed girl I just ditched. I had to wait until after the game, of course! Does that make me a heel?

Yeah, we think Manny is whiny here too. I can't really root for the Sox, but I hate the friggin' Yankees much worse.

The quote is from Boogie Nights in the Rahad Jackson scene where the Chiense guy is throwing firecrackers. Rahad is all coked up and he asks Dirk and crew out of the blue if they want to play baseball.

6/05/2007 9:11 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

Oh baseball is the best sport in the whole wide world...I love it so so so so so much. I was at Minute Maid Park on Sunday watching my Astros...I also had a thing a long time ago for one of the Rangers, Ryan Christianson...then he went to the Mariners, and then he fell off the face of the earth. That's a shame. Anywhoo, I get made fun of at the games because just being at Minute Maid Park makes me tear up...my team, $7 beers, cracking peanut shells all over the person next to me...good times, good times...love the photo captions by the way!

6/06/2007 4:59 PM  
Blogger Tish said...

Awesome photos! You know how much I love baseball! :)

6/19/2007 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home