Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Alpha Dog

Wow, everyone must have hated my SPC pic. Do I care? Nope. I'ma keep posting crappy pictures whether anyone likes it or not.

For part of the long Memorial Day weekend I got to once again be the alpha dog. Or pack leader. I was dog sitting for my friend again. I’m sad to report that the pack has been reduced in number by 1. The oldest dog went to the big doghouse in the sky about a month ago. He was 12 years old and had been having some health problems for awhile. I miss the little guy.

My friend told me that she was taking “Bad Dog” with her. A couple of the photos below show why he’s earned this sobriquet. So I was only watching 2 dogs this time. On Monday I kind of followed their lead and decided to just lay around. I vegged out and watched some DVDs I’ve been meaning to get to. It was nice.




Doing what dogs do best - sleeping.

You takin' ma pitcher?


The other thing he does well - licking.


After a hard day's work there's nothing better than plopping on the couch for a nice rest.

The work of "Bad Dog". This is what he does when there are thunderstorms and nobody is home. That's a new door. Note the plastic sheeting applied to it.




Damn, all this sleeping is wearing me out.


Couldn't get comfortable on the couch, better try the bed.

It'll do.

The first time I set foot in this house, this life-sized cutout of The Stooges nearly made me soil my breeches when I saw it unexpectedly in the computer room. In fact, it took about 10 scares before I started remembering that it was there.


Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

i didn't hate your spc pic. i just figured that you'd get tired of my commenting on every single one of your posts, so i was trying to vary my comments a bit, by not commenting at all.

looks like you had a really relaxing weekend. bet it was no work at all to take care of "good Dogs."

5/30/2007 1:50 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

That's such a sweet crazy dog. I can't believe she did all that damage. A dog that belonged to the previous owners must have locked theirs in the basement becaus ewe have the same sort of marks. Isn't that mean though? he died and now we say there is a ghost dog in our house.

Ok the 3 stooges kind of freaks me out. I don't think I need to see Moe that large.

It's nice that you chillaxed this weekend.

5/30/2007 3:20 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

JC - well, I've just laughed until I about cried!!!!! The "10 scares" totally cracked me out!!!!

I have to say you are a good friend to sit for the doggies. Such cute ones but boy are they lazy!!!!

5/30/2007 6:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There is a special place in heaven for you my friend.
Sorry I didnt comment about your pic, I thought I did, so I did in my head and let me tell you it was witty!!!

5/31/2007 12:13 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

I really liked your SPC pic - I think it was a flat week personally. That's why I don't want a pet of my own for a good long while - it's too much maintenance. If my door jamb is chewed on, let it be by me!

5/31/2007 10:57 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

ok the thought of kiki chewing on her door jamb is too funny!

6/01/2007 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home