Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Deed is Done

OK, yesterday I pulled the trigger. But the first shot only winged her, so I had to pull it again. Sorry, just kidding about that whole murder thing. Ha ha ha.

I finally made my decision yesterday about how to tell that girl that I didn't want to see her anymore. I really appreciate the advice that you all gave me. I took the high road and just decided to tell her via email that I liked spending time with her but didn't feel a romantic connection. She seemed to take it well; she sent me an email saying "no worries" and "I appreciate your honesty". Seeing as how I was the recipient of one of these emails myself back in January, I understood how she felt. It's not news you want to hear, but it's a nice change of pace to have someone be upfront about it rather than just disappear.

I think it was the right decision. Speaking of change of pace, it's kind of cool to act like an adult sometimes. Maybe I'll try it more often.

9 Comments:

Blogger BJ said...

Well done! You did the right thing J.C. Good for you!

6/02/2007 2:37 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Oh good. Never fun to be on either side, but you were honest and that's what counts.

6/02/2007 3:05 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I'm glad you took the high road. But I didn't really doubt what you would do, you're a great guy. I'm really really proud to have you as one of my bestest friends.

Besides - you're so damned guilt driven you would have made yourself sick!!

Sucks for her though, and I bet she knows it.

Hugs.

6/02/2007 4:30 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

It's always best to just be honest, even if it's really hard. And just because you aren't into this one, doesn't mean that it's back to the high desert. I think by being in the frame of mind where you're happy alone, you open the possibility to meeting someone.

6/02/2007 9:25 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I'm impressed that you followed through and were simply honest with her.

Let's not get too carried away with this whole "behaving like an adult" thing though. Sheesh! :-D

6/02/2007 11:41 PM  
Blogger Chickytava said...

Bravo... taking a stand against the BTN (Better Than Nothing). Sometimes it's hard, but you just have to do it.

6/03/2007 1:06 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

sixty cheers for the new improved adult you! and i'm glad she took it well, considering...

6/04/2007 10:08 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I am happy you got it over with! It doesn't sound like it was too awful, was it?

High road is one thing, adulthood is much another. Don't get all grown up :)

"Better Than Nothing" is not sustainable. Really. No one wins. You're better off, impossible as that may be to believe at the moment.

6/04/2007 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a good guy JC. Honesty is always best.

6/06/2007 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home