Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Halfway Mark

OK, I have to write this quickly or I will lapse into lazyland, and I just can’t afford that right now.

School suuuuuuuuuuucccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkksssssssss. It’s just nonstop, there’s no time to catch a real breather. Although actually today I don’t have anything due. But I have to work ahead or tomorrow will be bad. One of my classes is management, which for me is a real snoozefest. I’m only taking it because I have to. I have no interest in being a manager – it’s just too much BS for me. I don’t want to “motivate” people. Last Saturday I had to go “observe” a manager at the local library and then write a paper about it.

My other class is abstracting and indexing, which I’m finding kind of interesting. I guess I never really thought about it before, but a lot of work goes into creating an index. We’ve had to create indexes for a journal article, some book chapters, and next are ones for images and music. Those last two sound kind of difficult.

I guess I’m about halfway done with the semester. It kind of depresses me that it’s only halfway.

And oh yeah, I thought this story was really bizarre. Be careful on those beaches, people!

9 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

As long as you don't start talking to the people in your life in "manager language." You know how much I freaking LOOOOOOVE that.

GAH!

Hang in there - you're doing great! Just keep the pants off!

6/21/2007 3:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Pantless Pete
Thanks for that little uplifting article, if the scary homeless people or even putting on a bathing suit isnt scary enough now I have to make sure the earth doesnt swallow me....
Hopefully I will make back tomorrow!

6/21/2007 3:52 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

who grows up thinking they want to be a manager? Not even David Brent thought he'd be a manager.

hang in there-it will be over soon. and you're doing great. No blogging for you-you're very motivated!

6/21/2007 5:00 PM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

All this hard work will pay off for you in the end :o)

6/22/2007 2:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You sound like how I felt during Maymester...just think, you are a little closer to being done..its not long now!

6/22/2007 4:21 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

I agree! Managing is a lot of BS. But, someone has to do it! Just not you, ugh?

You're almost there and doing a great job.

6/22/2007 5:20 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

holy canoly, yet another absolutely horrifying way to die. Thanks for that. I'm glad to add that to my ever-growing list of concerns.

Halfway through! That's fifty percent! Wah-hoooooo! Indexing does sound kinda cool in a type-A kind of way.

6/23/2007 4:34 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Good luck! Only a little bit left in the semester now. It's so nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel. You know it will be over soon. No matter what happens, it will end. This has gotten me through grad school, thus far anyway :)
I am sending you perseverence and determination waves, over the internet. Can you tell? :)

6/24/2007 10:44 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

always thought that i'd enjoy indexing, too. wish i'd taken a class in it. you could totally freelance those indexing gigs for extra $$$$.

6/27/2007 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home