Sunday, February 18, 2007

Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em

I have been asked to point out that in association with LeVar Burton's birthday, which was a couple of days ago, that you remember not Kunta Kinte, not Geordi LaForge, but an Orb video. Apparently Mr. Burton is is the person at the beginning of the video asking "What were the skies like when you were young?" The audio came from a clip of the Reading Rainbow show on which Rickie Lee Jones appeared. Got all that? Turn it up, and enjoy*.



We have a veritable birthday smorgasbord today, brought to you by Phillies Blunts.

* Credit for this post goes to Holli.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

My FAVORITE SONG OF ALL TIME. I actually have so many Orb cds, including a remix cd with multiple versions - remember that?

Okay, under the cloak of this blog - I will reveal why this song..

I'm distracted. I love it - I think part of it comes from a Clint Eastwood movie.

I was smoking (whatever you want to think that means) on a sunny day, someone else was driving my convertible and we turned down a street in the drab, rundown part of Oklahoma City. The mini art district. It's made of all pink stucco buildings. A few tiny blocks. This song came on. We cruised those few blocks, listened to this song on repeat.

Then got totally paranoid.

After that - my obsession with the Orb was set for life.

My day is complete. I may have to rock out the Orb videos and see what Faith thinks.

2/19/2007 8:49 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

And by the way, thank you for posting this. Remind me to tell you that Faith told me a secret the other night about you.

Anyway, did you groove to the smooth sounds of Little Fluffy Clouds? It's the chill of chill - right?

2/19/2007 9:15 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Yes, I've listened to this about 5 times.

2/19/2007 6:34 PM  
Blogger Chickytava said...

For a minute, I thought LeVar Burton was LaMar from Revenge of the Nerds, and then I realized I had them mixed up.

2/19/2007 7:56 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Trippy man!! Little fluffy clouds... I love Rickie Lee but sometimes I think she hung out with Peter Fonda and David Crosby too long. (wink wink)

2/20/2007 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home