Thursday, February 08, 2007

Roadside America

Getting the cheapest fare last weekend required me to fly into Nashville, about a 2 hour drive away. I brought my camera in case I saw anything interesting. Instead, you're going to get these pictures! And if you're ever in Franklin, Tennessee, the One Stop Cafe is a great little hole in the wall.

This is my oh-so-orange rental car.

Pretty much everyone who saw it commented on the color. If attention is what you crave, buy an orange car!

Ladies and germs, I present...

The eggbeater Jesus of Huntsville, Alabama! And yes, that's what lots of people actually call it.

And the neighboring bell tower is affectionately known as "the hypodermic needle".

The Alabama welcome center on I65 sports a Saturn 1B rocket.



Best name for a TB ever? And methinks the sign directly above it is not an accident.

Not bad for a taken-while-driving picture.



Today's birthdays are brought to you by the Boobie Bungalow.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

I've never seen an eggbeater Jesus before. That's a first. Cool though. Huntsville? I'm thinking one of my ex boyfriends brother's was in a Huntsville prison and has been for his whole life. Or maybe he's in Texas? Is there a Huntsville, Texas? I think theres something about Mary S. too:0)

2/08/2007 11:18 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

That's real purdy rental. I am a little weirded out by the egg beater.I think we'll be parking the truck at the bungalow. I wonder if truckers really go there?
And Vince Neil?! The only "Surreal House" I ever watched was the season with him in it. He came off as a great guy. This coming from a girl not exactly onto the Crue and all.

2/08/2007 12:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Boobie.

Shop Naked.

2/08/2007 7:07 PM  
Blogger Chickytava said...

I think you should have named your car "Tangerine Dream."

2/08/2007 9:59 PM  
Blogger JC said...

k - there is a Huntsville Texas, and that is where the state prison is. I'm so glad someone else has the semi-hots for Mary too!

pg - I think they do actually go there. I wanted to take a picture of the building, but my camera was not ready when I passed it. I haven't seen that Surreal Life, but I do like it when someone I think is a jerk turns out to be kind of cool.

b - We need more people in the world like you. I still think about Shop Naked when I see that sign every day.

ct - I wish I would have thought of that!

2/09/2007 9:47 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

i never knew the sights in alabama could be so disturbing.

and hey, you were in tennessee, so driving an orange car is apropos.

2/09/2007 9:51 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow, I love the boobie bungalow's name. The sign above it is comical. Great photo.

2/11/2007 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home