Monday, January 29, 2007

A Sunday Stroll

Today I have been busting my proverbial hump working on school stuff. I guess I found my motivation. But the website I'm supposed to evaluate is currently down, so I guess I can do this post.

Always carry your camera part 99: yesterday I saw the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile. But I didn't have my camera with me. Dangit!

Speaking of cameras, I'm starting to notice one drawback of digital SLR cameras - they are prone to getting dust specks or crud on their sensors, which then turn up on your photos. Especially photos that have blue sky or uniform backgrounds. Most annoying because a lot of times you can't see them until you download the pictures to your computer. Me no likey.

I went for a stroll yesterday and took these photos:








Boring, huh? I took this picture because I saw 2 bluebirds. Another lesson is contained herein: I decided not to bring my telephoto lens, thinking "I won't need that". Well, I needed that. The next two photos are blowups of this one.

Can you see the bluebirds? You can click on the picture to see a larger view.

They're inside the circles. Would have been so much better with the 300mm!









Whoops.



Not sure what it was about this rusty barbed wire I liked...











I like the way this cedar tree has adapted its shape to fit under this other tree.

On the way home I got accosted by someone's dogs. It's the only house on this road. I wasn't scared of them, but then one kind of jumped at me in an aggressive manner which freaked me out a little. The weird thing is that I'm the one who said "Sorry". I guess I felt like if I hadn't been there his dogs wouldn't have come running, but that's stupid. It's a public road even if that's the only house on it, and I had every right to be there. Don't know why I said "Sorry". So really, I'm not sorry.

I'm too lazy to do birthdays today!

8 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

Anne, I'm talking about the sensor on the inside of the camera. I think it gets dust on it when I switch out lenses - which I do a lot. I haven't had it professionally cleaned, I've just gently blown off the sensor with some air. It's just a pain in the butt because you don't know if it's dirty until you've ruined a bunch of shots!

1/29/2007 5:43 PM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

Um, I'm not going to lie to you. That video clip from down below, freaked me out just a little bit. Good thing I didn't watch that back in high school after eating something that begins with an L and ends with a D and you can figure out the letter in between. JC, I thought I'd stop by because I always see your comments on Anne and Holli's blogs. I think your a pretty cool cat :>)

1/29/2007 6:33 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

I spy the moon. I like the tree with the old post next to it. It's like a warning for the tree-"see what happens if you don't stay green"
I love the expansiveness of the landscapes.I say sorry too often. My 4 year old even questioned why I was saying sorry about something I don't even remember.

1/29/2007 6:40 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I think you were busy enough with all the pics to worry about birthdays. I heart the tiny bluebirds.

All this dirty lens talk - I guess I don't worry enough about my camera!

1/29/2007 6:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I absolutely hate it when people let their dogs roam free. Where I used to live, everyone had 3 acre lots. I used to go running every day and 2 of my neighbor's dogs always would run after me. I used to secretly wish they would all get hit by a car.I would throw rocks at their heads and that seemed to help. :P

1/29/2007 6:48 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I like the sideways sign pic.

1/29/2007 7:16 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

great photos!!! i really like number 3, 9, 12 and 18 :D

1/30/2007 5:21 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

okay so after the speck bit i expected to see photos illustrating the speck. but no, that was the moon! which camera do you have? or, have i missed that somehow? is it new or the one you've used since i've known you?

great photos, i love the barbed wire and post, but so regret that you didn't capture the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile. ian once applied to be it's driver. he so regrets not doing it.

1/30/2007 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home