Thursday, January 18, 2007

The A to Z of JC

I have heard a lot of talk about “black ice” on the roadways here over the last few days. Um, I think it prefers to be called “African-American ice”. I really thought we had come further on this, people.

I have been tagged by the lovely and talented Chickytava to present the following A to Z list:

A- available or single? Chronically.
B- best friend? Probably Mary at work. I tell her everything.
C- cake or pie? I'm not going to kick either one out of bed, but if I can only choose one I choose cake. Icing is the shiznet.
D- drink of choice? Water, coffee, milk, beer, generally in that order. I’m all about the basics. And I do think water is a choice, I know someone who never drinks water.
E- essential item I use every day: Deodorant. Thank Jebus.
F- favorite color? For some reason I don’t have a strong preference. But probably blue.
G- gummy bears or gummy worms? Bears. You can’t stick gummi worms to your shirt. At least not easily. When I was a kid I had two cousins who got gummi rats one time when we were on a road trip. The rats were life-sized, one was white and one was black (that’s OK in this context), and they were really gross.

If you lick the back of a Gummi bear, it will stick to your clothing. It will stick real hard.

Do any of you remember that Gummi bears cartoon? I never watched it, but I'm willing to bet that it sucked.



H- hometown? Richardson, Texas
I - indulgence? Yes, please. Fancy coffee.
J- january or february? January because you get more time off from work.
K- kids and names: No kids and I haven’t given a second thought to what I would name a kid. I need to concentrate on getting a woman to let me see her naked first I think…
L- life is incomplete without? Something to read. I read all the time, be it magazines, blogs, cereal boxes, newspaper articles, what have you.
M- marriage date: Not applicable!
N- number of siblings: One younger sister. She is four and a half years younger than me myself.
O- oranges or apples? Oranges. I’m currently on a ginormous Clementine kick.
P- phobias or fears? public speaking
Q- favorite quote? "Eat every meal as if it were your last." - Author unknown
R- reasons to smile? I didn’t have to use any leave for missing work all day yesterday because they closed the building.
S- season? Fall. I guess because it’s cool outside and you usually don’t have the thunderstorms you get in the spring.
T- tag: painter girl
U- unknown fact about me: I like to read. Oh wait, I already said that. Um, unknown? When I was 14 I was in a pie eating contest. I didn’t win. This was way before eating contests became so popular.
V- vegetable you don't like: This one took me a while to think of. Brussels sprouts.
W- worst habit: Staying up too late.
Y- your favorite food? I like all kinds of stuff, but Mexican food is probably my favorite. I love tortillas, cheese, tamales, and blah and blah and blah. Something about the way these things blend together is just so right.
Z- zodiac? Aries.


If you see any of these people today, wish them a happy birthday:



Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

Good heavens you tagged me!! I love your list. Ok-this afternoon I will do this.First I have to clean the house for a potential realtor. I too hate the brussel sprouts but they are one of the best veggies for you. Honest, I have a book that I refer to all the time. I have tried them and they are tolerable. I'll give you the recipe. MMmm...fancy coffee and chocolate for me please. And happy b day to beat takeshi. I love this guy. Do you ever sing "Oh my darling"...when eating Clementines. Or think of the movie Eternal Sunshine? Have a great day jc1

1/18/2007 12:25 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Are you sure gummi worms won't stick? I've never tried, but they seem pretty sticky. I think I may have to buy a pack of them and try licking them and sticking them to me. Maybe I'll have to buy all sorts of gummi critters to see which ones stick and which don't. (My husband will be so proud!)

I am mightily impressed that you know how to spell Brussels sprouts correctly. Most people leave the final s off Brussels and it bugs me. :-)

1/18/2007 11:12 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Did you not try to force brussels sprout soda upon me?

I so want this but they are too expensive. But so cute!!

I'm glad you've made a best friend at work - yay!

1/19/2007 12:17 AM  
Blogger Chickytava said...

Bravo! (mainly because you called me both lovely AND talented... danke schoen)... no, but really, I also enjoyed your gummi section... who knew the diversity of the gummi candy? Personally, I think both worms and bears are totally naff. But I suppose that's neither here nor there. BTW, I read an article in Atlantic Monthly over the summer that was all about eating contests. Did you know that people dunk the food in water before they eat it so it goes down the gullet faster? That's just gross.

1/19/2007 2:48 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I am entirely ignorant of the world of gummy. Why is sticking to one's shirt such an important characteristic? Great list! Mmmm cake in bed :)

1/19/2007 10:25 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I do not remember the gumbie bear cartoon but now I feel kind of robbed for missing out on it.

How the hell can someone never drink water? I bet that person doesn't smell so good, at least not when they urinate. ewwww.

1/19/2007 11:04 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I love this list and I'm glad you tagged paintergirl, I will love to read her answers as well.

Brussel sprouts are disgusting and I'm having the same love affair with Clementines.

1/20/2007 6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home