Sunday, January 21, 2007

Stan Who?

Despite the fact that I am not the world's biggest hockey fan, I was interested when I heard that the Stanley Cup would be at a local mall today. I missed a chance to see it in 1999 when the Stars won it, so I decided to go take a look at it today. You can read more than you ever wanted to know about the Stanley cup here. It seems as though a lot of hockey players don't have much respect for it if the "Misadventures" section is any indication.


The guy who built the Dallas skyline out of playing cards at the State Fair was there too, this time he did a much smaller version out of hockey trading cards:





As usual, if you see any of these people today wish them a happy birthday:

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't know any of that about The Cup other than its ties with hockey. Thanks for the education!

1/21/2007 6:34 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

i could die a happy man if i saw baby spice and billy ocean in one day! damn i cant see full pics on my phone. i need a new phone!

1/22/2007 1:22 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

I'm not sure which story I like better. The initial drop kick arcross the river or allowing the Kentucky derby winner eat out of it. The guys who slept with it have some serious issues to deal with.

1/22/2007 8:29 AM  
Blogger JC said...

I also like the one about the guy who put his kid in the Cup and the kid peed in it.

1/22/2007 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home