Friday, January 19, 2007

Arctic Blast 2007

Here are some of the pictures from "Arctic Blast 2007". Pretty mild stuff compared to what some of you have seen, I know.


A little bit of ice on the trees.





I thought these icicles were kind of cool looking.







The next day they looked even more impressive.





These icicles are on my neighbors' house.

My car is totally ragged out after driving in slush and sand.

It's actually even dirtier today after driving yesterday in the muck.

We aren't allowed to wash our cars due to the drought, so I think I'll see how dirty I can get it.










If you see any of these people today, wish them a happy birthday:


7 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

Is the water ban a forever thing like in Florida? All of that ice, I remember it fondly from atlanta days. And the black ice. Never understood that terminolgy, and I'm Miss Weather Dangerous icicles are always fun at a distance.

1/19/2007 3:43 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

The deep freeze has finally started to thaw here. I felt cold again just looking at your photos. As Anne would say, sheezus!

1/19/2007 11:02 PM  
Blogger Tish said...

Great pics! I hope you're doing well. Be careful! :)

1/20/2007 3:45 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

I love the pictures after an ice storm. I know they are dangerous but they certainly are beautiful.

1/20/2007 6:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I stayed locked up in the house for days during the ice storm... Texas drivers really scare me, a lot.

1/20/2007 8:52 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Your photography skills are getting so good. I could feel the chill down here. Wait - that's because it's freaking freezing here. Literally - ice falling from the sky.

1/20/2007 11:34 AM  
Blogger BJ said...

Your pics are great. Here in Maryland we haven't had any precip. Which is really strange for us. We get all kinds of temperatures here. Right now, it is colder than a witches tit! But, this afternoon they are calling for snow, turning into freezing rain and accumulations of that mess up to an inch. So, we will see. Very hard to predict weather cause of the mountains and the ocean.

1/21/2007 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home