Thursday, February 01, 2007

Sad News

I know things are usually pretty goofy around here, but unfortunately this post is not. Yesterday morning my grandmother, my dad's mother, passed away. She hasn't been in the greatest of health the last few years so this isn't a case where it was completely unexpected. Of course that still doesn't make it easy to take.

My grandmother would have been the first person to tell you that she lived a wonderful life. She knew that she was blessed in a lot of ways. And she was the most positive and optimistic person I have ever known. Despite being in quite a bit of pain the last few years, I never once heard her complain about it. She served as a great example of an attitude for me to aspire to. She was loving, kind, and generous, and I'm going to miss her a lot. I'm grateful that we were able to be together as a family this past Christmas.

So I probably won't be around much until next Tuesday. I'm pretty sure the Internet will still be here then. Peace.

17 Comments:

Blogger irene said...

what an inspiration for all of us.
so sorry for your loss.

Irene

2/01/2007 10:06 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

sorry to hear about your grandmother. i hope your family has lots of wonderful memories of her that they can share.

2/01/2007 10:24 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

I'm sorry for your loss JC, it sounds like your grandma was a special lady. Safe travels and you're in my thoughts. xo

2/01/2007 10:31 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Oh jc, I'm so sorry about your grandmother. She sounded like a great lady and sweet too. I love her Christmas decoration tradition for the grand kids.It's so nice you were able to see her at Christmas. Warm thoughts and very safe travling for you and the family.

2/01/2007 1:46 PM  
Blogger Tish said...

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. Take care.

2/01/2007 7:40 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I'll just repeat what I already told you. I'm so sorry, but so glad you had Christmas with her to add to an already long list of wonderful memories. I wish I was closer to give you a hug and toast her beautiful life with one of your pumpkin beers. xoxo.

2/01/2007 8:09 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

i'm sorry for your loss, take care

2/02/2007 2:47 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

So sorry, JC. Return safely.
Anna

2/02/2007 1:19 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Hey all, I'm checking in from the Huntsville Alabama public library! Thanks for all of your comments, they mean a lot to me and this is one of the positive sides of blogging to be able to connect in this way. I only have 45 minutes remaining on the computer, and I have to do my homework, so I better run for now. Thanks again!

2/02/2007 1:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry for your loss, JC. We are all thinking of you and your family during this hard time.

2/02/2007 6:26 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

JC - so sorry to hear about your grandmother. She sounds like she was one terrific lady. I'm so glad that your memories are great ones and will sustain you and your family. Hugs.

2/02/2007 9:04 PM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

I'm sorry for your loss. But now you have a special angel in heaven to watch over you and your family.

2/03/2007 4:50 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

yeah, make sure to ask your Grandmother to say hi to my beloved Grandmother Markham. thats a nice thought. still thinking about you. be okay mr. lennon.

2/04/2007 1:25 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. Sounds like she was amazing.

2/04/2007 2:32 PM  
Blogger Chickytava said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. At least you have good memories...

2/04/2007 9:54 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2/05/2007 10:49 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Calling instead. (mr. cell phone)

2/05/2007 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home