Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Person of Interest

Saturday I had my date with “person of interest #2”. That’s right, she’s not a suspect yet, just a POI. We met at this place. When I arrived (maybe about 2 minutes beyond the scheduled time) I found her already sitting at a table for 2 on the patio with a basket of chips in front of her. This was good because I wasn’t sure how crowded the place would be. Anyway, she recognized me as I approached, which was also good because she specifically asked me how old the pictures on my profile were when we talked on the phone. So I kind of had her pegged as the suspicious type.

The weather was really nice on Saturday, in the afternoon it got up to about 75, so the patio seemed like a good choice. It was pretty much fully occupied out there. I mentioned that I heard that there was supposed to be a cold front coming in sometime that evening. We talked for awhile and I finally managed to order (she always gets the same thing there so she really didn’t need to look at the menu). The food came out really quickly; it was almost shocking how quick it was. I mean, I expect that for lunch at El Chico, but this surprised me. Black beans are quite the staple at this restaurant. They even have a black bean dip that they bring along with the salsa. I love the taste of black beans, but I avoided them like the plague because black beans and my innards don’t agree. The result could peel paint.

This girl was much easier to talk to than the last one I met. She just has a lot more personality. As we ate, it seemed as though the cold front had decided to come in. I think she was getting cold about 5 minutes into the meal. I felt OK at first, but by the time I finished eating I was pretty cold too. After the meal we decided to move inside to the bar for margaritas. We both stopped at one margarita, but I think if we had known that we would be at the bar for 3 hours we probably would have had more. My buzz was completely gone by that time. As we left we noticed that the patio was deserted.

So, overall I thought it was a pretty good date. Experience has taught me, though, that I am a terrible judge of such things. I guess I’m just not very good at reading people. She said that she had a good time too, but what do you expect her to say to my face? I didn’t have the phone number problem that I had last time, since I already had her number. Sunday I did send her an email saying that I had a good time, yada, yada, yada, and at least she actually replied so maybe that’s a good sign. I’m planning to ask her out again, so we’ll see what happens!

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad your date went well! Sounds like you both had a lot to talk about. What are the plans for date #2? You could always impress her with your cooking abilities.

10/25/2006 1:14 PM  
Blogger JC said...

I think I'll see if she wants to go to Sonic on my moped.

I don't think I'm ready to break out the cooking skills yet.

10/25/2006 2:35 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

three cheers for your good date with POI #2!

10/25/2006 3:04 PM  
Blogger Tish said...

So glad you had a nice date! Have you talked to here again yet? Any idea when date #2 will be?

10/25/2006 7:12 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

Sonic on a mopehead? That's totally marriage material right there! :-)

10/26/2006 12:37 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Glad the date went well and I hope you have a 2nd date again soon.

10/26/2006 3:11 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

POI #2 sounds like a normal girl. I bet she asked about your pics because soemone else she met had sent her really old ones. That happened to me last time I did online dating. I got really great photos from a guy who was supposed to be 40 and when I met him he was 50 at least and had gained at least 50lbs as well. The weird part is his whole thought process. I mean why not be honest up front right? But people often are not. At any rate, sounds like you had a much better date than last time.

10/26/2006 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home