Friday, October 27, 2006

Like Buttah

Updates: No date with POI2 this weekend. She's "busy". Uh oh. I'm not hitting the panic button yet. If we don't go out next weekend, then I'll hit the panic button.

Key Lime Pie: I made one using the recipe from Food Network. I liked it better than the other recipe I used. It has 2/3 cup of lime juice instead of 1/2 cup, so it has more "flava". Thanks Anne!

OK, back to Fair pictures. There was a bit of a Marilyn Monroe theme to the Fair this year.

This is the famous butter sculpture. It's a recreation of the iconic scene from "The Seven Year Itch".

When you got within about 10 feet of this room, you were hit by an overpowering butter smell.

They keep the room at 40 something degrees so the butter doesn't melt.

I wonder if they ate it when the Fair was over.

You know, get a few Ritz crackers, just slide them along Marilyn's arm.

Or just bite off a big hunk.


And it is real butter, not margarine.

Maybe they just let it melt, and everything gets all Raiders of the Lost Ark and shit.

There was a Marilyn Monroe exhibit in one of the museums. They had an impersonator inside and you could get your picture made with her. I wanted to do that so badly, but I felt weird about giving some stranger my camera to take a picture of me. It was hard to get a picture of her without standing in line because she was about halfway up this staircase, and the half that she wasn't on had people walking up and down it.


Yep, that guy's looking up her skirt.


There was this Japanese man who set up his camera on a tripod and then took a picture of his girlfriend looking up Marilyn's skirt. Then she took a picture of him doing the same. They did it really fast, so I wasn't able to get a shot of the girlfriend looking up, but here's the guy. And for the record she was wearing underwear. Don't ask me how I know.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

Those butter statues are crazy, who can do that? And I wonder what their hands look like afterwards.

10/27/2006 9:38 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Did you seriously expect people *not* to look up her skirt? That was practically the first thought I had. Right after, who on Earth was bored and/or twisted enough to think of sculpting butter?

10/28/2006 11:26 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Yeah, good point. I totally looked up there when I walked by. They do a butter sculpture every year. Someone told me the idea started in Iowa. Sounds about right.

10/28/2006 4:00 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Yes, I love the photo contest winners and I always make a point to stop by there. It's right by the buttah sculpture!

10/30/2006 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home