Tuesday, June 13, 2006

You Said 20 Minutes, Right?

Today I got a taste of what a busy day will be like at work - I worked my ass off! It makes the day go by faster though so I don't mind. Before all the craziness hit I was trying to sneak in a chapter of my textbook when my boss snuck up and said I could start filing the time sheets - it was all busy-ness after that! I also sustained my first workplace injury at the new place. I got a paper cut while making copies. At least it wasn't one of those under-the-fingernail on-your-thumb jobs. I know from experience that those suck!

However, one major snag has reared its ugly head. I still don't have a computer and I was told it could take up to 20 days to get one!!! No!!!!!!!!! I'm hoping they're pulling a Disney World and telling me that the wait for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is 45 minutes so that I'll be really happy when it only ends up being 15. That could put a serious crimp in the "do my school work from work" plan. I'll have to write out my article critiques in longhand and then type them up when I get home. How very 20th century!

1 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

I hope the computer comes sooner than later. Gawh, I can't imagine writing something long-hand, esp. with how often I'm using the backspace key. It's good that your busy though....it sucks when time stands still at work.

6/14/2006 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home