Sunday, June 11, 2006

Dry Spell

Yesterday I went to see the Al Gore movie, An Inconvenient Truth. It presents an overview of global warming. Despite what anyone may think about Al Gore, I think this is a very informative film and I think as many people as possible should see it. It's not perfect, but it led to one of the more extensive post-film discussions I have had in a long time!

In unrelated news (or is it? Dun, dun dun!!!), it has been dry as a bone around here. We are now at stage 3 water conservation measures, which means no car washing, you can only water the yard on trash day and only between 6PM and 10AM, and there are increases in water rates if you use more than a certain amount. My car is so grungy. We need rain badly.

Well, I start the new job tomorrow. It's the end of an era. The sleeping-late era. But it's the start of a paycheck, which is good.

3 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

Your photos are great! I hope you like the job today. I've heard that Gore movie is good; Marc wants to see it because he's very concerned about global warming.

6/12/2006 6:56 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Thanks! To both of you!

6/12/2006 8:16 PM  
Blogger Liberal Banana said...

Ooh, I really want to see An Inconvenient Truth. Just don't know when I'll make time in my schedule! I'm glad you liked it. I can't believe people don't like Al Gore. He's so smart! If we had a president like him instead of the dumb-ass that's in office now, I think our country would've been SOOOO much better off.

6/13/2006 7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home