Thursday, June 08, 2006

Are You Mocking Me?

I've started delving into my school work - my first paper is due tomorrow evening. We don't get a grade on it, but the rest of our project for the semester is heavily dependent on this first submission. It's really weird to have to write in professional form with proper grammar. Most of the writing I have done lately is on here, which is not exactly what I would call formal. You may see my grammar improve somewhat since I think I will find it difficult to be in "good grammar" mode on my papers and then "slum it" on here!

I took these pictures right before I went to Arizona. These were the baby mockingbirds that I referred to in an earlier post. I'd link to the original post but I'm too damn lazy. Screechy little buggers, but cute. I wasn't able to capture it very well, but there were two birds and one was chasing the other one around one of my basil plants. You can kind of see it as a blur in the second photo. This is also the extent of my garden this year - 2 cinnamon basil plants and one sweet basil. The sweet basil is for pesto, and the cinnamon basil is the closest substitute for Thai basil, which is great with Thai curry. After 3 consecutive years of attempting to grow tomatoes with very little success, I decided not to try tomatoes this year. Too bad, home-grown tomatoes beat store-bought ones like a red-headed stepchild on Easter Sunday.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home