Monday, June 05, 2006

Technology!

I finished my five days of on-campus classes for the summer! Today was pretty brutal, I was just worn out from the start. I even went to bed early last night, but then I didn't sleep all that well. Tomorrow will be a day of rest before starting my classwork, my first assignment is due Friday. Originally I wasn't going to be starting my job until June 26, but last week I got a call from my new boss and he said he wanted me to start on June 12 (next Monday). Since that was what we had discussed in the interview, and because I am also poor, I said: "Yes!" So, my days of wine and roses are almost over.

You may be saying: "But JC, what does this have to do with technology?" To which I would reply: "Shut up!" OK, actually my post title refers to my next two tidbits. The first is that I finally graduated from dialup to DSL! I figured that since I was taking an online course I needed to have a good connection speed to download stuff. It's good times, as if I need to tell any of you.

The second piece of news is that I have finally entered the world of digital photography! I'm not exactly sure why I chose to do this now since I'm not exactly Mr. Moneybags at the moment, but a big part of it was seeing my dad's digital SLR on my recent trip, and also seeing that I could get one just like it for a pretty damn good price. I decided to go with the Canon Digital Rebel XT. I read some things that led me to believe that I might slightly prefer the next model up the chain, the 20D, but at about twice the price of the XT these minor differences didn't seem worth it. Performance-wise they are very similar, they both have 8 megapixels of resolution. A good thing about buying this camera is that I can use all of my current lenses on the digital camera, so I only had to buy the camera body. Also, a lot of the operational things are very similar to my film camera, so I was able to start shooting without learning a completely new system. So far, I love it! The digital camera plus DSL should equal more pictures on this blog, so if you are a visually oriented person you're in luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

very jealous of your canon rebel, they seem to be the best. since my digi cam was free, i won't be upgrading anytime soon. so now you can participate in self-portrait tuesday right???

6/06/2006 8:08 AM  
Blogger JC said...

I'm seriously considering it. I always like the SPTs that you and Michelle do!

6/06/2006 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home