Monday, June 12, 2006

Just Another Tool of the Man (Again!)

Man, it's weird to be working again. It's almost like I never stopped! Not because today sucked, but for some reason it just felt that way. Today was OK for a first day. I don't really want to say which agency I work for, because you never know who's watching these days and I don't want to say anything that will get me fired. But I can tell you that we were actually sworn in today, so I have now sworn an oath to defend and uphold the constitution of the United States. It felt so official!

It's 29 miles to work, which this morning at 6:45 took me an hour! However, the drive home at 4 only took 35 minutes! I didn't do much today, because they don't have a computer for me yet. I am hoping to get one tomorrow, but with a bureaucracy you never know. I don't think there is any training scheduled until Wednesday. My boss seems super laid back, which is great. He doesn't have any problem with me doing school work or reading when there is down time. But they have been short of secretaries for a little while, and the other ones were really glad to see me and the other guy who started today, so at some point I will apparently be working my ass off! Which is OK with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home