Wednesday, November 02, 2005

On a Candy Corn High

I am now the proud owner of a bag of candy corn. OK, half a bag of candy corn. I struck out on the Smarties. I guess I'll have to spring for the whole $2.50 if I want Smarties. Geez.

Yesterday I went to see the Wallace & Gromit movie - 'The Curse of the Were-Rabbit'. This was a really enjoyable film. The voice work is excellent, there's tons of dry, British humor, and the characters are just so darn lovable. I love how they call the vegetables 'Veg'. It's amazing to think of the work that went into creating this film. If you do see it, marvel at the performance of Gromit. Of course, he never says a word throughout the whole film (dogs can't talk, silly!), but he sells every gesture and feeling with nothing more than facial expressions and body language. There are a couple of 'adult' jokes thrown in that will fly right over kids' heads, but gave me a chuckle. Highly recommended.

5 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

I have to find the current (or they probably finished playing it since Halloween is over) Noggin song. It's called "we don't like Candy Corn"

I actually like it. But apparently the people at noggin have something against it.

okay - my word verification was like 100 letters long. wtf.

11/02/2005 2:37 PM  
Blogger JC said...

I also like the 'Indian Corn' and those pumpkins made out of candy corn nougat. I just bought the regular old candy corn this time though.

11/02/2005 3:01 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Ava loves to sing that candy corn song Holli! We like candy corn in this house, even while singing the song. I bought the autumn variety of candy corn for me (my poor body will grow in girth from this damn holiday) and the regular candy corn for my husband and daughter.

11/03/2005 7:48 AM  
Blogger Whisky said...

Hi JC,

Came here from Faith's site and saw you had been to see the Wallace and Grommit film......Sad news I don't know if you have heard? The studio where a lot of the characters were kept burnt down a few weeks ago :(

Thankfully they still have Wallace and Gromit :)

Big waves from the UK

Hugs

WHisky

xx

11/04/2005 11:24 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Whisky,

Thanks for posting! I did hear about the fire, in fact I thought about it a couple of times while I was watching the movie. At least all of these things will always exist on film.

I loved Chicken Run too!

11/04/2005 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home