Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Salary Schmalary

I sent out a few resumes in the field in which I previously worked. In fact, I have to make 3 job contacts a week to receive my unemployment benefits. So far I have only heard back from one company. They replied to my email by saying 'Please forward a cover letter with salary requirements'. I ignored that part when I sent my cover letter. Everyone always tells you not to give this unless you absolutely have to. So, I sent a reply saying 'What do you have budgeted for this position?'. I got another reply saying 'Please forward a cover letter with salary requirements'. OK. So that's how this is going to work. Why do people have to play this stupid game? I guess they're trying to save some time by screening me out without bringing me in for an interview if I'm out of their price range. I guess they don't give a shit about hiring the best person, just hiring someone they can afford. Whatever. I'll send them a number because I don't really care too much about getting this job. It's in Fort Worth, I would have to move, and I know I don't want to work in that field long term.

Today I got my first check for unemployment benefits. Woo-hoo! Kegger at my house!

OK, not really. Daddy's got bills to pay!

2 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

That is exactly what's happened with me on every phone call.. What are you currently making? Oh.. well, you're over-qualified. Sorry.

No chance to figure out what it would take to get me to take a paycut, etc.. BAH.

10/26/2005 6:34 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yuck, I hate that salary requirement crap. I hope the search gets more promising.

10/26/2005 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home