Thursday, October 20, 2005

Ruby Wednesday

Last night's dinner was very enjoyable. Faith is just as cute as she appears on her blog. For that matter, so is Holli! I do want to mention that I haven't really read Holli's post today yet. I didn't want my post to just be a reaction to hers. I scanned it ever so briefly and the only thing that I saw was how it might be interesting to see the different view of whether Faith was well-behaved or not.

I guess my criteria as to whether a baby is well-behaved is whether they cry and/or scream a lot. And maybe throw things (other than just dropping them on the floor - that I expect). And as far as that went, Faith seemed to be pretty good. She did drop crayons, sugar packets, and lime wedges on the floor, but hey - who doesn't? She also poured half a bottle of milk on herself, but she was just thirsty. I loved her reaction to tasting the lime wedge - a classic sourpuss face. And I loved how she learned by watching Mommy to put a lime wedge in her milk bottle! I got to hear her say 'moon' and even 'light'! And Holli, every time that you left the table, she would say "Mommy?". I reassured her that Mommy would be right back. Faith rocking out with the balloons was great, as was the 'face game'. And even though it was a bit nerve-wracking for Holli, I loved watching her try to eat the balloons. And she even ate some actual food!

I felt like I was meeting a couple of blog celebrities. It was a little surreal to meet Holli and Faith after reading about them for the last few months. I can't remember the last time I talked to someone with such an enthusiasm for music. I learned about 'cell phone paranoia', the spider nexus, and many other interesting things. All in all I had a great time.

There was one odd moment, and it had nothing to do with the company. I ordered a veggie burger, and the waitress made a face as if I had just ordered a glass of human blood or something. Not sure what that was about, but isn't the customer always right? I would be willing to bet money that this waitress had never heard anyone order that before!

I've totally been talked into going to Austin to see Aimee Mann do an in-store performance and CD signing in Austin tomorrow. And since I will be there, I might as well go to the concert tomorrow night. So, I will get to see 2 and a fraction Aimee Mann concerts in 2 days. Which I never would have done if I was still working, so sometimes you have to pick out the positives.

6 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

LOL - I laughed at this whole post. Yes, now Faith knows to garnish milk with a lime wedge (which, btw I did just to appease our bizarre waitress.. who went on and on about the lime thing?) and she did act strange about the veggie burger!! If she knew that Faith lived solely on tofu mixed with egg white and broccoli for breakfast for the first year of life - she probably never would have left the table.

I'm so jealous of the whole 2 and a fraction Aimee Mann concerts - so those are some definite positives. They definitely seem like positives as I type this from Crazyworld.

BTW - I just cut the exploded balloon string off my purse, as it shut in the door and yanked me backwards.

If Faith ever garnishes her milk with a lime in front of my parents - I'm done for.

10/20/2005 2:58 PM  
Blogger JC said...

I thought it was a pretty decent veggie burger. It was a little dry, but I had told them to hold the mayo so that may have upped the dryness factor a little.

Holli can attest to the fact that I wolfed it down pretty well. Hey - I was hungry!

10/20/2005 3:58 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I didn't notice any wolfing.. but I'm glad someone was "modeling eating" for Faith!!! :)

btw - I'm a mayo freak, so that was just beyond me..

10/20/2005 8:06 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Sounds like a fun night. I wish I could meet some blog celebreties. Why do you all live so far away? At least they have veggie burgers there too. Oh, and mayo is disgusting! It's made of a dozen eggs with some oil added. Gross!

10/20/2005 10:58 PM  
Blogger JC said...

I actually like mayo OK, but I don't like how much fat it contains. I try to use non fat when possible.

10/20/2005 11:29 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I, um.. need to gain some weight before I disappear.. I'm not real worried about a little mayo. In fact, I may start living on butter, mayo and cheese only. Well, with the daily buck.

10/20/2005 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home