Monday, October 24, 2005

Something Goofy

I've been watching these really old Disney cartoons lately. Now, I know I'm not the first person to think of this, but maybe someone out there has the answer. If Goofy is a dog, and Pluto is a dog, how come Goofy can talk and Pluto can't? Does it have to do with different levels of intelligence? If that is the case then I feel really sorry for Pluto. Or maybe Pluto is faking it so the other characters will do more things for him. Some people think Goofy isn't a dog, but if he isn't a dog what the hell is he? Anyone?

5 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

I have no idea, except that Goofy has always been my least favorite Disney character.. Maybe it's the freakish Man/Dog hybrid.. but I think it's the "goofy" laugh. The hat? I don't know! No self-respecting dog would dress like that. I can't even get Nathan to wear his dog shoes without a lot of shame involved.

10/25/2005 11:36 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love goofy because there was an extended cartoon with him in it driving really fast. It was called "Mr Streeter". It's great because it's super tongue in cheek kind of humor. He's a mild manner brow beaten husband who then becomes a driving maniac once he leaves the house.

Try not to think too much about cartoon characters. You must suspend disbelief.

10/25/2005 6:05 PM  
Blogger JC said...

I think Michelle has summed up the answer the best: try not to think too much about cartoon characters!

10/26/2005 4:29 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Holli - good point on the hat. What kind of hat is that? It looks like the one Adebisi wore on 'Oz'.

10/26/2005 4:50 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Great JC now I'm thinking of the hat in the book "Go dog go" where the female dog says, "Do you like my hat?" and the male dog always replies, "No, I do not like your hat." Ah, fine literature and stream of coscious thinking. Isn't it magic when they converge? This is my gift to you.

10/26/2005 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home