Monday, September 07, 2009

Best Vacation Evar?!

Last week I went on vacation to California. When I heard that Nine Inch Nails was ending their farewell tour in L.A., I thought I would try to get tickets for one or more of the shows since my sister lives relatively close (she lives in San Diego). I was able to get a ticket to the first of the four final shows, so I planned a week-long trip around that. I'll blog about the concerts (yes, plural) later.

It really turned into a fun trip between all of the great music, fantastic food, tasty beer, lack of worries, and golden photographic opportunities (as attested to by the, ahem, 846(!) photos I took). At the end of the trip I just felt like I had had such a great time. And that's what a good vacation should be - a way to forget the sometimes-drudgery of regular life and just have a good time. It helps you get through the boring parts of life, you know?

This will be the first segment of my vacation recap.

One of my favorite things to do in the San Diego area is to go to La Jolla and watch the harbor seals that bask on the rocks at the children's pool in La Jolla Cove.

(click on images to view full size)










The loner of the group. A seal after my own heart.





She's chewing on her flipper! She thinks she's people!

Being a seal is hard work.



This one was doing this funny looking clapping thing with her flippers.

"Oh great, here comes Gladys."

I mean it's really hard work!

"You did WHAT?!"

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Umā said...

Awwwwww!
Welcome back!

9/08/2009 12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home