Thursday, August 06, 2009

In Albuquerque

I arrived safely in Albuquerque after a flight delay of about an hour, and then my parents met me at the airport. By that time everyone was starving, so we headed out to dinner.
On the way to the restaurant my dad scared the beejesus out of us by almost causing us to get T-boned at an intersection. My parents live in Tucson, and the stoplights there are programmed to give you a turn arrow at the end of the light cycle instead of at the beginning. It's weird, and Tucson is the only place I have ever seen this. So we were waiting to turn left at a green light, and just as the light turned red my dad started to turn (as he is used to doing at home), but we didn't get an arrow. Luckily no one plowed into us and we were able to back up out of the way. At that point I decided I would do the driving for the rest of our time there, though!
The food on this trip deserves a post of its own, so look for that post later.
The next morning we went to breakfast at a restaurant in Old Town, and spent a little time walking around Old Town afterwards.

We stayed on Central Avenue, which is part of the old Route 66. This motel was nearby.



Another motel sign.

Hollyhock

Chile ristra

San Felipe de Neri Church

The plaza in Old Town

















This buzzard flew over my head at the airport observation area.

This is the counterpart to the image I posted here. I can't quite figure what has changed in the foreground - it almost looks like one of the hills in the older image is gone.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Candle said...

You should walk from place to place if you love the Earth, not pollute it with carbon.

8/06/2009 12:07 PM  
Blogger JC said...

And you posted that comment from your switchgrass-powered computer?

8/06/2009 6:45 PM  
Anonymous paintergirl said...

Nice cacti!! and I love the neon too. One of these days we'll make it out there.

8/08/2009 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home