Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The Travelling To

OK, I finally have a little bit of time to edit some photos from my trip. Um, and there are a LOT of photos. I thought maybe I would take a chronological approach.


The plane was about an hour late leaving, but other than that the trip over went pretty well. I was happy to grab a window seat. I love staring out the window on plane trips.


Downtown Dallas in the distance.






If it's overcast, I love the moment when you finally break through the clouds.








I like how you can see the shadow cast by this cloud.




In this one I like that you can see another plane streaking past.

I didn't like that we had to fly through this storm on the way down, but the ride turned out to not be overly bumpy.

These are the Sandia Mountains east of Albuquerque. I like that "sandia" means "watermelon" in Spanish.


This is the Rio Grande. You can really see how the river is the lifeblood of the area.


Downtown Albuquerque


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Umā said...

The tops of the clouds look like Antarctica — I half expected to see some polar bears!

And the green "watermelon" mountains look very desolate, though I'm sure they're not.

I guess if I ever have to fly again I can at least look forward to taking photos.

8/04/2009 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home