Thursday, July 30, 2009

ABQ Bound

I'm making a short trip to Albuquerque this weekend. My parents found me a great deal on a car that some friends of theirs were selling. Since they live about 1100 miles away, we decided to meet somewhere halfway-ish so I could pick it up. I'm flying there tomorrow evening, and then driving back on Saturday.

It's supposed to be about a 9 hour drive, which I'm not all that thrilled about, although a change of scenery (at least for the first half of the drive) will be nice. I'm hoping to make a quick stop at the "second largest canyon in the United States". Trust me, though, there's a BIG difference between number 1 and number 2.

I'm looking forward to eating as much green chile as possible while in New Mexico, which hopefully will include some green chile bread from this place. I'm also excited about making a Trader Joe's run in Albuquerque. Hopefully I'll get at least a couple of interesting photos out of the deal too.



This is a view of downtown Albuquerque from the observation area at the airport. I took this shot a couple of years ago when I was out there for a friend's wedding in Santa Fe.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Vedrana M. said...

have a great weekend and take some photos :)

7/31/2009 3:59 AM  
Blogger Umā said...

That's a long way to go for Trader Joe's! ;) Have a safe trip.

7/31/2009 7:49 AM  
Anonymous paintergirl said...

Hope the trip went well. I have a good friend who grew up here that LOVES Albuquerque.

8/04/2009 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home