Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Just An Observation

Last week before the Radiohead show in LA I wanted to get there a little bit early so I could go to one of my favorite places in LA - the Griffith Observatory. I just love the view from up there. And it was a beautiful day. I know you can still see the thin scum of smog, but you should have seen when I was there in July - I bet you would've barely been able to see those downtown buildings. The Observatory was closed for renovations the last time I was in LA before this summer, so it was good to finally be able to go up there again. Oddly enough, even though I've been there about 4 or 5 times, the building has never once been open when I've been there, so I've never been inside. This time was no exception - it's closed on Mondays.






















The Observatory was featured in Rebel Without A Cause, as well as a bunch of other movies and TV shows (even MacGyver!).












Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

It's beautiful. McGuyver? wait, was that the talking car?

9/04/2008 6:39 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

cool. love the views of the skyline you snapped. but smog? oh ugh. that would be no fun at all.

9/04/2008 8:57 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

That's one of the places I have always wanted to go and see. Nice Hollywood sign!

9/04/2008 1:21 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

cool...photos are great

9/07/2008 9:22 AM  
Blogger REENblack said...

Those are great pictures! There is no way you'd get a city pic like that in the heat of the summer! Thats a beautiful building too!

9/10/2008 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home