Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Blow Wind Blow

So we missed out on the rain from the hurricane Gustav remnants here. We are getting lots of wind and funky clouds though. By the way, "Gustav" is kind of a crap name for a hurricane, no?

During hurricane season this website is my first stop for all my hurricane info needs. This blog is my favorite part. He goes into more detail than the average TV weatherman if you're into that sort of thing. I've learned all about wind shear and ocean current temperatures and how they affect the development of tropical storm systems. And currently there are 3 more storms on the way!













6 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

I like the cloud pics!!

Glad to hear you didn't get flattened by the hurricane. (And yes, Gustav is a lame-o hurricane name)

9/02/2008 9:55 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Gutav is terrible. I liked it when they were all girl names.

Real purdy clouds. we had too much rain. And now, these other storms, not good. My mom goes in panic and wait mode. Drives me crazy.

9/03/2008 8:22 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

i kind of like Gustav. my local NPR station played pieces by composers who shared that name Monday while I was home.

9/03/2008 9:45 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

Thought I should let you know that I saw Radiohead at the Thunderbird Stadium at UBC. They rocked!

9/03/2008 3:25 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Gustav is giving me monster migraines. I'm not sure what website we use for aviation, but thats pretty much the one I trust with my life and check when it matters.

9/04/2008 6:42 AM  
Blogger REENblack said...

I love the cloud pics. I need to find a good site for when tornado season hits here again...weather sucks sometimes.

9/10/2008 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home