Sunday, August 31, 2008

Home Again

I'm back from my week-long, second trip to California. The Radiohead shows were great, especially the one at the Hollywood Bowl.

I got home even later on Thursday than I expected since I missed my flight leaving San Diego (I missed the 30 minute deadline for checking a bag by about 4 minutes thanks to a slow rental car shuttle) on Thursday night. Luckily there was another flight leaving an hour and 15 minutes later that wasn't very full. However, it meant that I got only got 4 hours of sleep before getting up for work on Friday morning. Honestly, 5 hours and 15 minutes of sleep wouldn't have been any better, but since I'm almost out of leave at work I had to work most of Friday.

I say "most of Friday" because I did leave a couple of hours early so that I could make it to Houston on Friday night to see the Tom Petty show. You see, when I decided to go see Radiohead it meant that I couldn't see the Tom Petty concert in Dallas that I already had a ticket for since they were the same night. Hence, a trip to Houston less than a day after I got home. And yes, I know that seeing Radiohead and Tom Petty make me extremely white, but what can you do?

Everything went swimmingly, and I got home early Saturday evening. I got to sleep in and look forward to doing the same thing tomorrow since it is a holiday.

I've got tons of photos to process and post (sorry), and lots of blogs to catch up on! Smell ya later!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Umā said...

thanks for the birthday wishes!

hey, you might be interested in checking out the bootleg recording of radiohead's recent mansfield, ma show on the music is art blog...
http://musicisart.ws/?p=680

enjoy!
m

9/01/2008 11:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are a travellin' fool!! I'm envious! Glad your trips and concerts went great!! Since I must have missed it....Congratulations on your Masters!!! What are you going to do now with all that extra time not at school??

9/01/2008 3:26 PM  
Blogger JC said...

m - thanks for the link! One of my blog friends was at that show.

b - thanks! If the last 3 weeks are any indication, I will spend my extra time playing video games, going to concerts, and web surfing. I really need to get going on that whole job search thing. :/

9/02/2008 7:00 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

tom petty? oh i love tom petty. was happy when i heard one of his older songs on the radio yesterday. sigh. more TP, please!

9/02/2008 9:37 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

You are the traveling music man. Tom Petty, not a bad Florida boy. I went to a party at his old house when I was at UF.

Glad you had fun. What's the next concert down the pike for you?

9/03/2008 8:24 AM  
Blogger REENblack said...

lol I'm glad you were able to go to both shows! That rocks! Literally! :-P I've been to two concerts...I really shouldn't say which ones...not exactly ones to be proud of!

Are you completely done with school now?!?! Congrats if you are!!!

9/10/2008 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home