Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Beach Burgers

One of the cool things that I did while I was in California was have a beach cookout with my sister and BIL. I know, "big deal" you may say, but as I'm 280 miles from the nearest beach it's not something I get to do very often. Hello understatement. It was nothing fancy, I had a turkey burger, but it was good. And the grilled corn brushed with olive oil was great. Next time I'm definitely wearing long sleeves though.


I think this bird was trying to distract me while his buddies tried to steal our food. Seagulls would steal food out of a baby's mouth if given the chance.

There were some pretty big waves coming in.

And it was fun watching them smash against the cliff and spray water all over the place.

More plotting.

They damn near stole food right off of the grill!

Sunset

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Cory said...

The beach is my favorite place to be hands down. Glad you got to enjoy it. I loooove the pic of the bird on the light. Very nice.

8/19/2008 9:17 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

ok wait...I should have put a comma or something-I didn't mean I like to be hands down on the beach. Well, sometimes...but the sand can get in the wrong places and it's just messy and then there's the risk of rash and well....anyways, you know what I meant...I hope.

8/19/2008 9:19 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Gorgeous ocean shots, Dude.

8/19/2008 9:23 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

I have a tiny fear of seagulls. It's the whole swooping down around food, and "The Birds"

Purdy shots. I love sea spray, it smells so nice.

8/20/2008 10:14 AM  
Blogger JC said...

c - i knew what you meant, silly!

a - thanks!

pg - i can see The Birds doing that to a person. And I agree on the seaspray.

8/23/2008 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home