Saturday, July 26, 2008

A New Toy

I finally bought the lens extender I've been wanting forever. I'm hoping it will help with wildlife shots. It makes my camera look ridiculous since it makes the lens section even longer. I haven't had much chance to play with it yet since I'm trying to get the last paper I will be writing for a long time under control. Right after the extender came in the mail I put it on and went outside just to see how much the image would be magnified. There was a rabbit in my yard, so I took some photos. Not bad for manual focus and handheld (this lens/extender combo should really be used with a tripod). I wish I would've thought to put on my monopod, but I actually wasn't expecting to see anything worth taking a photo of! So here is the very first shot with my new toy:


Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

awww...bunny bun buns. I can see his whiskers twitching. Are you the good yard, or are you a mr.mcgregor?

7/26/2008 7:31 PM  
Blogger REENblack said...

Very nice!!! Esp with manual focus and no tripod!!! Have fun playing with this when you get a chance!!!

7/27/2008 2:34 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

Aww, yay for bunnies! I really want to take a photography class. I love taking pics, but have no idea what I'm doing. The photography session at BlogHer was interesting, but sometimes I felt like they were speaking a foreign language!

7/27/2008 5:42 PM  
Blogger JC said...

pg - I'm the good yard. I think that's why they like to hang out here so much. It's like their own salad bar and bathroom rolled into one. I'm just amazed at how much they eat. They mostly graze in the morning and at dusk, and the whole time they're just chewing away! In fact I went out this morning to fill the hummingbird feeder and there were two of them out there munching away. They're nature's lawnmowers.

rb - thanks! I went out looking for birds yesterday, but for some reason it was really slow and I didn't get any photos.

c - it can definitely sound that way at first. F-stops and whatnot. There are some good books that can help a lot.

7/28/2008 7:03 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

oh lucky you. i'm so glad you finally got your new photo gadget. i'm thinking about a prime lens... it's for portraiture. a friend enlisted me to take engagement and bridal photos of her, and i want to do my best. any suggestions on prime lenses?

7/28/2008 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home