Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Busy, Busy

Ugh, I've been really busy since I got back from my trip last weekend. I have a homework assignment due tomorrow night and I've been spending lots of time working on that when not working at my real and volunteer jobs. Hopefully I can do some posts over the upcoming holiday weekend.

For now I will leave you with some flower photos that I took in my aunt's back yard.


Are these tiger lilies? I'm not sure. If you know what kind of flowers these are, please enlighten me!


OK, at least I know that this is a magnolia.


And so is this.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

it's some sort of day lily but i'm not sure what variety. i love the doubled petals - i have similar day lillies but not so purdy.

7/03/2008 6:14 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

gorgeous lilies and magnolia. My magnolia blossoms are never so pristine as those.

7/03/2008 1:05 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Could be, could be. Not the biggest fan of lilies. I love those magnolia's though. Their fragrance is enchanting. I'm trying to work on a painting of a magnolia blossom in it's final stages.

7/03/2008 1:32 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

It looks like lilies to me. Not sure which ones though. I love the magnolia. What sweet fragrance that it emits! And your photo is absolutely beautiful!

7/03/2008 5:02 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I have flowers just like those orange ones - a passalong plant from J's favorite aunt, who has since died. Kristen is correct, they're a type of daylily - a mutation of the common orange "ditch lily" that grows wild so many places. It's my favorite daylily - I keep thinking I should divide mine to try to get more of them. :-)

I love magnolias too and wish I could grow those majestic ones, but they are just out of the hardiness zone here. I see a few, but the trick is that you have to have several mild winters in a row to get them to a certain size before a hard winter comes along in order for them to be strong enough to live through it, and I've never had any luck getting one to the stage where it would live. We can grow the smaller magnolias - the star and saucer types - and they're pretty too, but there's just nothing quite like those grand old southern magnolias.

7/04/2008 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home