Monday, June 02, 2008

D'oh!

I kinda got hit in the face with a sock full of suck this morning. You see, I have this big project that I have to do to graduate in August. I thought it was supposed to start on Thursday. Only this morning when I logged on to my school's website (seeing as how this is the first day of the semester and everything), I found out that it starts tomorrow! Yikes! So much for easing into this thing.

Tomorrow at noon I get sent a list of 10 or 12 questions. I have to pick 3 questions to answer. Each answer is in the form of a 1500-2500 word essay, with references. The questions can cover any topic that has been covered in any of my liberry science classes. I have exactly one week to complete all of the essays. So, if I seem even more scarce around here than usual over the next week, now you know why! See you when I see you. Go out and buy the new Aimee Mann album tomorrow!

10 Comments:

Blogger luzie said...

oh that sounds like you're in for infinitely more writing fun than i am at the moment. good luck with the assignments (and with the questions)!!

6/03/2008 7:33 AM  
Blogger REENblack said...

Oh wow! That sounds like a LOT of work! I'm sure you'll do fine, try to relax a little too!

6/03/2008 11:03 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

ouch. a sockfull sounds deadly. so is this like your comprehensive exams? good luck. i know you'll do well, better than the average bear.

6/04/2008 2:10 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

wow. that will be so much fun. I can't believe all the work you do. But it's all for the good. You are always missed.

6/04/2008 4:44 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Thanks for the encouragement everybody!

r - yeah, I guess you could call it that? We have to do this to graduate instead of a thesis.

So here's my update. Essay #1 is at 1663 words, but it's not finished. Not answering all parts of the question is a big no-no, so I need to add to a couple of sections. I have pulled most of the research material for essay 2, I will start on that tomorrow. I've taken a half day off of work the last 2 days and will do that tomorrow, then all day Friday. Not sure about Monday yet - I will have to see where I stand after the weekend.

6/04/2008 9:17 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Oh! Good luck, friend. I know you'll kick ass but still. It's pressure cooker time - hang in there!!

6/05/2008 6:06 AM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

i can really relate to this, i need to pass all exams and continue my education...good luck!

6/06/2008 4:03 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Good luck, JC!!! I've been blog-scarce this past week (even more than usual, I mean...heh) so you're well into this project by now, but I hope it's going great for you and that you've made even more progress since your last update in comments.

6/07/2008 11:02 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

oh crap, dude. GOOD LUCK! I am grimacing for you.

6/09/2008 2:08 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I hope you're almost done by now?? I got the new Aimee cd (a gift from OKC David to get ready for the upcoming concert). I am LOVING it so far. What do you think?

6/09/2008 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home