Sunday, June 15, 2008

Lay Z

Holy smokes this was one lazy weekend. That used to make me feel kind of guilty, but not anymore. I mean c'mon, I've done my share of work lately!

Friday night I ended up sleeping 11 hours. I didn't plan on doing that, but when my alarm went off Saturday morning I didn't feel like getting up just yet. So I turned it off, and ended up going back to sleep for another 2 hours. Hey, I figure if my body didn't need it, it wouldn't let me go back to sleep, no?

I watched about half of season 3 of Weeds. I don't get Showtime so I have to wait for the DVDs to come out. I read the beginning of a review the other day that said that season 3 was when the show turned into self-parody. It is pretty outlandish, but what I've seen so far still entertains.

I tried my first grape beer. Yep, grape. I'm all about trying weird beers. Actually it didn't taste much like what I expected (which is probably good since I was expecting something really, really sweet). Actually it didn't seem to have much grape flavor at all. It was OK but nothing special. I think someone could really do something interesting with grapes and beer, maybe something really hoppy. It could be like a dry wine. Somebody should really get to work on that!

P.S. I did mow the lawn! :P

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger buffi said...

I think you totally deserve a lazy weekend after all the writing you've been doing. Good for you!

I found blueberry beer at the Market Street a few weeks ago. I thought it would either be really, really good or, well, really, really bad. And? At first I thought, hmmmm this is pretty good. Then? Hmmmmm, this tastes awfully....medicinal. I still have five bottles if you want some! FREE!

6/15/2008 11:31 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I slept that much both Friday AND Saturday, just worn right out.

I really didn't like season 3 although with the start of season 4tonight, you know I'll be there.

I could really, really do without all of her coffee slurping...I know it's for some sort of effect, but it annoys the F out of me!

6/16/2008 5:59 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

i'm all for sleeping as much as possible, hooray for you to turn off your alarm. and grape beer? huh. was it really fruity?

6/16/2008 9:07 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

I loved season 3 of deadwood, but have only watched season 1 of weeds.

grape beer-i'd be game. just tried orange blossom beer. just about near perfect.

are you going to the concert with holli? have fun if you do. we'll all be at concert together in spirit.

6/16/2008 2:11 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Sigh...I LOVE lazy weekends and I didn't really get one this time around. Things were way too busy around here.

Maybe you need to try beer-making as a hobby! You know...in all your spare time. Ahem. :-D

6/16/2008 10:00 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

Grape flavored beer?! Yum!! I've been drinking Leinenkugel's a lot lately-it tastes like blueberries. Deeeeelicious. Glad you had a lazy weekend. You definitely deserve it!

6/17/2008 1:13 PM  
Blogger REENblack said...

Lazy weekends are the best! You more than deserve to let yourself be lazy! I haven't watched Weeds...hope you enjoy the rest of the season!

6/17/2008 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home