Sunday, August 17, 2008

Teh Graduate

A week ago Friday I graduated with my Master's degree in library and information science. I had been working on it for just over 2 years. To me it feels like the end came kind of suddenly. I'm not sure that I feel like I know as much as I should about librarianship, but I do feel capable of being able to learn how to do a good job.

I really hadn't been putting a lot of effort into a job search before graduation. I felt like I had a lot of demands on my time with studying, my regular job, and my volunteer work at the library. So, I've really just started on the job search. I still haven't even updated my resume. Yeah, I know. I think part of that is that fortunately I don't have the pressure of being unemployed at the moment.

On an unrelated note, this was the sunrise on Wednesday morning. I thought it was worth capturing!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Umā said...

congratulations!

8/17/2008 11:25 PM  
Blogger buffi said...

YAAAY YOU!!! I'm so proud of you! I even knew that you were graduating soon and still didn't remember it. Blame it on being blonde.

We'll be playing near you all season. Hope you can make it out to another game!

8/18/2008 9:39 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

hip hip hooray! i'm so pleased for you. happy job hunting.

8/18/2008 10:49 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Congrats!!!

I can't believe you're done, and it's here.

Would you relocate for a job? If housing prices gets better, all that. Where would be your ideal place to live?

8/18/2008 10:51 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Congratulations!!! That is a huge accomplishment. Not many people can pull off a full time job and school. That's intense. I hope you are appropriately proud of yourself... and appropriately hung over from the celebration! Congrats again. I am giving you a high five over the internet.

8/18/2008 7:54 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

yay! Congratulations! Here's to bigger and better things! I cannot believe I've 'known' you for over two years. Wow.

8/19/2008 9:25 PM  
Blogger JC said...

m - thank you!

b - that would be fun!

r - thanks!

pg - yes, i think i would. i've been thinking about my "ideal place", and i think i would really like San Fran, Portland, or Seattle, but i can't really afford housing in any of those places. Maybe if it keeps coming down.

anna - thanks for the high five! You deserve one more than me!

anne - thanks! And it's almost been 3 years!

8/23/2008 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home