Monday, July 28, 2008

California Here I Come

I'm taking a little vacation time at the end of this week. I have a special trip coming up. I'm heading out to California. Why, you may ask? BECAUSE I'M GOING TO A MOVIE PREMIERE! I know it's kind of cheesy, but it's still pretty cool if you ask me. A friend of mine is a movie director, and the last time I saw him he mentioned that I should try and come to the premiere of his next movie if I could, so I'm taking him up on his offer. I mean, c'mon, this may be my only chance to attend a Hollywood premiere as a guest of the director!

I had some stress over what I should wear at first, because I usually do not dress to impress. My friend said that I could wear whatever I want, but I didn't want to show up in shorts and a t-shirt. I did some snooping around on IMDB since they have lots of photos of people at premieres, and it really does run the gamut. I'm shooting for retro casual. Think more Jack Black than Daniel Craig! I'm sure I'll be the turd in the punchbowl anyway.

I don't know if I'll get to meet this guy or this guy. I certainly wouldn't turn down the chance to creep out this lovely lady in person. But either way I think it will be fun. I will also be spending some time with my sister (she's going to the premiere with me) and zoo animals. And there will be In N Out Burger. Good times! I imagine the experience will be something like this:



I'm not putting the name of the movie in the post because I don't want people searching for info on the movie to stumble across this post. It could result in me being blog-outed, and we wouldn't want that! But you can see the name of the movie in the photos below.


The invitation looks like a giant matchbook. Very cool.


Here's the inside.


I guess it's kind of dorky of me to wear brand new Chucks to this thing, but I'm kind of a dork anyway so it works out.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

sounds like a fun time. i've only ever been to a movie premiere once and it was a lot of fun.

new chucks are always good, no matter what the occasion!

7/29/2008 6:06 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

You're friends with the director of that movie?? No shit. I will have to keep an eye out for you in People magazine :) GQ just ran a big story on Seth Rogen and that movie. Very cool. He seems like a great guy.

How do you know this director person?

You're going to have so much fun! Awesome.

7/29/2008 9:09 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

What you're friends with him?!

OK, your movie experience, are you planning on drinking a lot then bursting in at the end of the movie?

Seth is all over the place. We just watched Knocked Up. I bet you'll see Micheal C. You'll have a great time!

7/29/2008 10:34 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

so cool! oh, goody, i can't wait to live vicariously thorough you. looks like great fun. and totally wear those Chucks they are all kinds of classic goodness!

7/29/2008 10:59 AM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

how interesting to have movie director for a friend! i hope you'll have lot of fun and you must post photos so we can see you in hollywood style :)

7/29/2008 1:41 PM  
Blogger luzie said...

ohhhhh a movie premiere in hollywood.. i'm infinitely jealous! have a good trip and loads of fun!!! and come back with lots of stories to tell! :)

7/29/2008 6:13 PM  
Blogger JC said...

k - i'm going to wear the chucks today to begin the breaking in process.

a - we went to the same church when we were kids. We also went to the same high school, but he was 3 years behind me so we actually weren't there at the same time. One of his sisters was in my grade. He's always liked movies as long as I've known him, so I guess it makes sense that he would do that for a living.

pg - yes! And I would love to see Michael C!

b - i'm about to strap on the chucks!

v - thanks, and I hope I will have at least a few interesting photos to post.

l - thank you! Finally I get some good blogging material!

7/30/2008 5:06 AM  
Blogger Cory said...

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! Oh my dear LORD I'm so excited for you and just a tad bit jealous. That sounds like so much fun. I love Seth, I love CA, I love Chucks, I love pineap...oops, we aren't supposed to mention that, right? Anywhoo, have a blasty blast!!!!

7/31/2008 12:30 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

FUN FUN FUN! Have a great trip! Can you sneak in a little spy camera? I'm just askin'.

8/01/2008 8:38 AM  
Blogger REENblack said...

I would say I'm so excited for you...but you're already back! I will have to see how it went later this week (after my final!)!!!

8/08/2008 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home