Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Apocalypse Cake

Tonight I was working at the library, and at one point I decided to go up to the break room because sometimes there is food in there, and I was a little hungry. Lo and behold, I forgot that there was going to be cake. One day every month they bring in a giant cake that's half chocolate, half white cake to celebrate the birthdays for that month. So there I was all alone with the still ample remnants of today's cake. My impulse control was poor. It was kind of like throwing a bucket of chum at a shark. I feel shame.

I haven't had much time or inspiration for photos lately, but I did sneak a few shots in last Sunday at a field close to my house. I just wish I had remembered my monopod. I'll have to go back.




Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

mmmm...chum.

I'm still laughing over junkies with monkeys.

hey is that primrose? we had them in atlanta, but now i'm not so sure.

4/29/2008 9:48 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

evil cake, lol flowers look beautiful! :)

4/30/2008 6:34 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Mmmm....cake. It would've been like chum for me too. Sigh...

The photos are beautiful!!

4/30/2008 9:38 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

hey now. don't feel shame for helping yourself to a little cake. love that first flower, what is it?

5/01/2008 10:27 AM  
Blogger REENblack said...

LOL I just did a similar post believe it or not!!!

I love the delicate flowers. Reminds me of some of my favorite pics I took in Germany!!! I just bought a flash for my Xti that should get in this weekend, I'm soooo excited! Maybe it will give ME some motivation to take some pics again!

PS No SPC??? I'm sure you have enough on your plate already!

5/01/2008 10:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't feel bad, if the cake tasted good than it was worth it. Now on the other hand, if you ate a piece (or pieces which would be the case for me) and it occurred to you to stop because it really wasn't that good, but you ate it anyway, now that is shameful.

5/03/2008 8:29 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

lovely. The primroses remind me of a field out north of here that is just FULL of them. I'm trying to finagle a time to take the girls out there to frolic amongst them (and the chiggers) for some bucolic pics. A nice alternative to the overdone bluebonnets. We'll see. I like the color on the thistle!

5/04/2008 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home