Sunday, February 17, 2008

Aw, Hail

I haven't been feeling so great today. I'm not sure what the deal is. I feel kind of depressed in addition to feeling on the edge of a headache. Maybe it's the weather, it's been pretty cloudy and dreary all day. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better since I don't have to work and can sleep in.

Speaking of weather, yesterday I was rather rudely awakened by the sound of hail hitting my roof. If you've never heard hail hitting a roof, you may not know that it's pretty loud. Since I was still planning to sleep a bit longer and since pressing my face against the window probably wouldn't have been a good idea anyway, at the time I wasn't sure how large the hail was. Later on when I was drinking my coffee and watching the local news they had some photos that people had sent in that showed hail that was about the size of golf balls. Nice. There were actually still a few hailstones in the yard when I got up about an hour after they fell. It doesn't look like I have any roof damage, and my car was in the garage. It's very unusual to have hail in February, usually it's more of a springtime occurrence.

I finally got around to watching Shaun of the Dead last night. I've had the DVD from Netflix sitting next to my television for about 3 weeks now. That is one freakin' hilarious movie! It's similar in style to Hot Fuzz (made by the same team and starring the same two main actors), but I thought it was better. I highly recommend watching it if you haven't.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

Shaun of the Dead is one of my most favorite movies - I had to own it once I saw it and I watch it frequently. Ed is the best!

2/18/2008 7:33 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Faith will be pumped you saw Shaun of the Dead. Are you home today?? If so I'll give you a call after I dry my hair (it's a little difficult to talk with a blowdryer blasting).

I've been depressed too, but I'm very excited about seeing you soon!!!

2/18/2008 10:55 AM  
Blogger paintergirlFLA said...

Shaun is one of 2 zombie movies I can watch. The whole thinking zombies are real can be a problem.

Hail is scary weather.

I'm not up to par lately either.

2/18/2008 5:22 PM  
Blogger JC said...

k - I can definitely see it being the kind of movie that's watched over and over. I wouldn't mind owning it myself.

h - It's going to be great!

pg - I've decided that some days just suck!

2/18/2008 10:10 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

I wonder why everyone always talks about hail being "the size of golf balls"-I say we start using "the size of ping pong balls" instead, and see if it catches on. They are about the same size, and let's face it-ping pong is so much more fun than golf.

2/20/2008 11:24 AM  
Blogger REENblack said...

Wow, that sounds like some serious hail! I currently hate weather! Yesterday the wind chill made it negative 25 here!!! Seriously!!!

I saw Shaun of the Dead quite some time ago, I remember laughing a lot! I haven't seen the Fuz one yet, although I really want to!

2/21/2008 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home